NFC reader with Home Assistant

Also I just received an email from Elechouse. What information do you need specifically?

Update your yaml anywhere you see light.turn_on with this Addressable Light — ESPHome

1 Like

It’s all part of the light component Light Component — ESPHome

1 Like

Ok, I finally got the boards and the parts.
After I solder them together, do I just have to follow the video on Youtube or what are the next steps?
How do I program the components?

And once again, thank you for the great project!!

I can make a short video on the process if you need.

1 Like

Video of how things are supposed to be setup. It go over the board layout, and how to get everything simply going in homeassistant.

If you want a more in depth video I can make another going over the process of making your own code work, to name the readers, and change LED setups but that is a bit longer and more involved.

8 Likes

Wow, thanks a LOT. This is really helpful.

1 Like

Let me know if you run into any issues.

What information do we need from Elechouse? They emailed me back

I emailed this this but haven’t gotten a reply yet. I also did order one of each readers so that I could just figure it out my self.

I designed an NFC reader project (you can see here GitHub - benbeezy/DTcommunityWIFIreader) I am currently using your v3 NFC reader and it works fine but some people want better read range, so I am looking at using this module PN532 NFC RFID Module w/ External Antenna - updated version - ELECHOUSE But the product page has no pinouts on the board. I assume they are on the back, is there any way I can get a picture of the back so that I can finish designing the board footprint for use in EasyEDA? I was also going to make it compatible with this reader you have PN532 NFC Evolution V1 - ELECHOUSE but I have the exact oposite issue, in that I can reader what the pins do but I don’t have a main board dimensions DWG file. So I am not sure how far apart the i2c pins are from the others. Also I am pretty sure I can read all the pinouts on this board, but a higher res picture would be awesome! All of this will be pushed into the repo and posted to the EasyEDA community library so others can design boards that interface with your boards also. Thank you and let me know if you need any more info from me, I look forward to hearing back, hopefully with better pictures and dimension files.

1 Like

I sent them the email. Hopefully they will send us all sorts of helpful info

1 Like

Not helpful:
" V3 is fake board in the market now because we already stopped it 5yr ago.

You could try our V4 and check if it works well for you."

Yeah I figured. I should have them here in a few weeks (shipping from china) then I can finalize new boards and get the fabbed. Then tested. But on looking at the initial spec it seems like we’ll have a much better range.

I asked for a diagram of the E v1 and this is what they sent:

1 Like

i bought the v4 and the pn7150 board aswell. But they have some shipping/processing troubles due to again covid lockdowns :frowning:

The pn7150 won’t work with the current software stack. Esp-home doesn’t have a library for it. That is why I stayed away from it. The 4 options mentioned above to have working libraries for esp-home. I’d love to see a working pn7150 in esp-home, but I’m just not sure what it takes to create new libraries into it.

They must be looking at the messages at least a little bit because the evolution v1 now has DWG files link

I’m impressed they actually added it

still no pinout of the other board, but hopefully it’s in the works?

If you are referring to option 2 then maybe we can skip that one because the range is less than the v4