NFC reader with Home Assistant

Hell yes! Super amped. I got a buddy that’s gonna 3D print me the boxes. Time to fire up the soldiering iron.

1 Like

Almost forgot about the LED’s

2 Likes

Is it even worth it without RGB? That’s how you make them go faster!

RGB may not be for everyone but damn do I love it
5u2uso

2 Likes

You know where I could find the wiring schematic for this ESP32/PN532 set up? I’ve been hunting for one and keep finding different configurations. Since this is exactly what I’m trying to do I would love to see it. I’m ready to bread board one for testing. Thanks!

3 Likes

I appreciate the help but that is the esp8266/pn532 schematic and in the picture I asked about is the esp32/pn532 which is the schematic I’m looking for. They have different pin outs.

Oops that’s my bad I wasn’t paying attention :sweat_smile: Here enjoy my reader LED effects while you wait for the correct diagram :grin:

3 Likes

The esp32 is bad at i2c so you use spi instead. You’ll have to look up the pin out for your exact board and the pn532 for spi and match the miso,mosi,clk, and signal. Then fix the config to use SPI not i2c. I can help make a schematic and give you a fixed config if you link me to the exact esp32 board you have.

1 Like

I just bought a 5 pack of ESP8266 D1 Mini. Problem solved. :joy:

2 Likes

They are super cheap!

Now I just need to learn how to program them. Never done it before but I’m not new to coding so I think I got this.

It’s all done in esp-home, it’s way easy

1 Like

Here is the YouTube vid I used

2 Likes

Basically the same video but it is finally the way I want it so… MISSION SUCCESS!

1 Like

Boards are in and tested working!
(Ignore the terrible soldering, I had to take the pins off these boards to put them on this one, I wanted to test before getting new reader and WiFi board)

Uploading: 20220915_114033.jpg…

7 Likes

Looks awesome!

2 Likes

Wow, awesome work. Just ordered a few PCBs as well :slight_smile:

Did you use my board design? Or make a new one? Interested in what colors you got!

I used your design and I ordered Black and Purple.
Btw what do I need as a power supply?
Any other parts I should order (ESP and NFC already ordered)