Not even the apocalypse could stop me for long

It’s been done. NExT in the hand, Spark in the arm, and bonus shot of my nerdy binary watchface, because of course that’s what I use (and have for years). Can already get a decent read on the spark and NFC of the NExT, so I imagine that will only get better once the swelling goes down and I can push on it a bit and whatever. All in all a super quick/easy process. I’ll be back to get the xLED put in later, just wasn’t sure I wanted that much stress on my hand in one go.

8 Likes

you-are-now-one-of-us_o_744238

Awesome watch by the way!
unnamed (21)

I hope you weren’t disappointed with the “one of us” gifs…
I thought I would mix it up

4 Likes

Awesome man!! I’m thinking about getting the XLED very soon for my right hand.

3 Likes

Yeah, I HAVE it… but decided to wait for the NExT install to heal up before getting it in. I’m sure it would have been fine really, with how everything feels already at this point, but in the moment decision, and it’s not exactly convient to be traveling around during the apocalypse so I’ll just give it some healing time haha

3 Likes

In a decent shape the human body is quite amazing for what kind of tolerance it can take. Lol. I got my entire forearm tattooed in one sitting 4 hours

2 Likes

Signing into this forum with the Spark is oddly satisfying…

6 Likes

unnamed

5 Likes

honestly … I had to reset my phone recently, then get a warranty replacement… so a lot of re-signing in to everything… man, when it comes to the forums it’s so slick… I wish every site supported VivoKey authentication. Perhaps one day :slight_smile:

6 Likes

that would be pretty sweet haha. I might have to poke around the api a bit and refresh the dev parts of brain (been a few years… and even then it was not the main part of my job so my dev skills were… spottyy haha) and see what kind of ideas I can come up with. There’s a solid chance I could work out a way to add it to shopify as an app. Their app apis are pretty robust (and I assume even better now than back when I was there)…

3 Likes

oh man if you wanted to try that we’d drop a new OSS repo on github for that!

Give me some time to re-familiarize myself, and… like… have some free time (4 year old at home that suddenly has no school makes for not a TON of it currently haha), and I’ll poke around a bit. Can’t promise anything of course, but certainly SHOULD be possible… even if I just get the ball rolling and someone with better programming chops cleans up my mess.

5 Likes

Now you are making me want a spark, I just thought may as well wait for the apex… Don’t have much use for the spark but kinda want to make a python flask plugin for it now… Haven’t used python enough recently…

3 Likes

Ayy! Glad to hear it went well my guy! Hope it wasn’t too painful.

1 Like

Nah. Barely a pinch. Totally fine. Was a bit swollen but already starting to go down.

2 Likes

giphy (10)

4 Likes

Happy now? :laughing:

2 Likes

This is why I am thinking of getting the xM1. Figure I will give it a more compatible UID (if I i understand, and would be cool if I could just put a password as the UID.) Then I would just need a keyboard app, or KBR to scan it. Make another xM1 and set it to be a username, same thing. I wouldn’t mind switching all my accounts to a new one for that ease.

Would that work?

well… kinda… yeah… but it’s only 4 bytes… so more like a PIN code than a password… so when you say “put a password as the UID” that could work for logging into windows, but websites etc. will not accept such a short password, and some may not even accept a 4 byte username either.

1 Like

Absolutely agree, It just works.
Simple :+1:

Shameless plug, But I hope so also

Have you done anything with your Synology / Vivokey?

3 Likes

I have most assuredly, grossly, misunderstood that product.

1 Like