Number of implants poll

Yes, you can use it for that purpose.
I should get a new x-ray. When this one was made, I only had 14…

10 Likes

Haha ONLY 14… :grin:
Awesome thanks. I’ll let you know when I have done it

I will get number 20 next week :slight_smile: Got this week 3 implants - one magnet in my tragus and 2 RFIDs in my hands.
I think I will make a x-ray again after getting the payment chip

5 Likes

Four and counting🙂

Left hand: VivoKey spark1 in standard location
Right hand: NExT in standard location, xG3 betheen 3 & 4 metacarpal’s and xM1+ in blade of hand.

2 Likes

Lol, I didn’t intend for this to be a thread about who has the most Implants.

*Satur9 does not endorse getting a shit-ton of implants and showing off to your friends
**If your implants last more than four extremities, please consult your doctor(s)

7 Likes

I just had a thought: besides the number of chips, implantees have a bunch of money inside them also. I for instance only have 4, but that’s already $255 right there - not to mention, for a combined weight of less than half a gram, it would be 10 times cheaper to implant the same weight in 24-carat gold :slight_smile:

And I’m not even counting the cost of various accessories - readers and such - and the piercers’ fees. Not that it bothers me mind you, but it’s another way to look at our “hobby” I guess.

3 Likes

Haha. This is so true. The xSIID cost that alone maybe I should start buying gold instead.

2 Likes

Gold < Microchips and Flashy lights

I’m biased tho.

3 Likes

I’m curious…
What is the most implants one has gotten in a single day?.

I’m going for 6 at once soon. If the Apex comes out in time… 7? Unless my installer is like “Noooo, too many!”

4 Likes

Dang that’s alot, Only thing you should worry about is infection,
But if you and your installer are comfortable with it, I say go for it
And goodluck :call_me_hand:

It is a bit silly and I’m fully prepared to have them advise me against that many at once. I’ve rescheduled work for maximum healing time and I’ve had some other pretty nasty procedures like removing the cartilage from my septum so I’m kinda prepared for pain, swelling and healing :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Lol I’ve got some cadaver bone in my foot does that count?

2 Likes

That’s good,
Sounds like you know what you’re doing.
Don’t forget to take pictures afterwards, We’d love to see them on here.

2 Likes

Just spoke, 6 is definitely ok :slightly_smiling_face: and i will most definitely have photos (hopefully video too but possibly not!). Hoping I can get my doctor to OK an xray some time after too.

Curious - has anyone had to “justify” getting an xray of their implants? I know docs can sometimes be a bit weird about non-essential things like that cuz money etc. If so, what did you say? @amal, @vicarious, anyone?

2 Likes

I won’t get an x ray until the rest of my implants go in, I’m curious as well what to say when I go in.

If your piercer is anything like mine, he’ll say “Here’s my crazy friend coming back for another crazy device!” with a huge grin on his face. He himself is tattooed from head to toe, has all manners of piercings and split body parts, and I’m totally plain-looking, yet he thinks I’m his most deranged customer :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My friend who has 8 decent size tattoos thinks the same. But oh well.

1 Like

When I asked my family doctor for a referral to get an x-ray, she asked “Why? Did something happen? Did you break a bone?”
So I explained that I have these implants and that I would like to make sure that the coating is intact of my implants. She accepted that as a valid reason. I really just wanted an x-ray so I could use it whenever I have a talk at a conference or an interview with journalists.

10 Likes

Thanks! I was gonna try saying “It’d be good to have them on file in case I need emergency surgery or something.” but not sure if that’s valid enough

5 Likes