Number of implants poll

@Vicarious is like umm no lady I have 20 implants in my hand and I want to make sure there sitting properly. I wanna see the face of the X-ray tech that took the picture. They prolly we’re like WTF do we have here

10 Likes

You should tell em you were abducted by aliens and you don’t remember much but your pretty sure they put some kind of device in you, like how we chip endangered animals to track em in the wild. Then watch the drag tech go from oh man this person is out their mind to holy hell he/she/it/they(?) (don’t wanna offend anyone) does have something implanted

5 Likes

That’s… not a good idea :thinking:

I get that it’s a light hearted joke, but this forum does attract a lot of people who have symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia and it’s a serious condition.

Sorry, I’m just a little sensitive to that as someone who has chronic mental health issues and has spent plenty of time living with schizophrenic people. Not trying to attack you! Just want to keep the awareness there :+1:

7 Likes

I didn’t mean any disrespect… im agoraphobic with social/generalized anxiety plus a few other things myself… so I’m sorry if I was outta line, wasn’t tryin to be an ass

1 Like

That’s right. On the other hand, someone who’s both schizophrenic AND paranoid has an advantage: he outnumbers his enemies 2 to 1 :slight_smile:

Bah-dum-dah
Thank you, I’ll be here all week…

4 Likes

No problems, no hate :v: :slightly_smiling_face:

Word

The annoyingly literal aspie part of me had to say this, most of the material in your body you where not born with :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t think my mum would still be around if she had to push out a 120kg human :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

If that tickles your brain, then we could get into what defines a piece. I wouldn’t consider all of the aggregate matter you absorb and expel every day as discrete pieces, because everything gets broken down to the molecular level. You’re basically a protien chain sack full of organic slurry (like an enormous cell).

An implant has an encapsulant barrier that delineates it from the body, and as a unit itself, a “piece”. Even a hunk of shrapnel has a clearly defined scope where it can be distinguished from the surrounding meat.

I agree that a lifeform is just a flow of material fighting entropy over time, though. The whole “born with” terminology has no romantic connotations for me.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Ohhhhh me likey. I feel like at a bare minimum each bone would be considered a piece. Beyond that the line gets fuzzy. This will keep my brain mildly entertained for a while, thanks :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Were those bones the same bones you developed in utero? They’ve virtually been replaced 7 times over since then, but the transition was so gradual that the “piece” we define as a bone has still retained it’s borders and definition. That requires a viewpoint that incorporates time as a criteria for defining an item. Otherwise we’re just a snapshot. It’s a very sapiencentric viewpoint. Lizards can’t perceive time the way we do, you can’t go telling them how their bones are.

2 Likes

Very good point, more fuzzy lines. It’s probably too early to be thinking about this :sleeping:.

On a different note, do you consider a tattoo an implant/many tiny implants? It is at least in the spirit of your “not born with it” statement.

1 Like

I don’t consider a tattoo an implant, but other people might have different opinions. It seems to be more an aesthetic modification to an existing body part (skin) rather than an addition (implant).

2 Likes

Bump

giphy (37)

4 Likes

Just reminded me that I needed to update my answer haha.

3 Likes

I have
Spark 2 : L0
NExT: L1
xLED White: L Forearm.

Saturday I get to add a Blue xSIID to L4!

Edit: That will be my last implant until the APEX line comes out, or another implant where I can change my UID. Or anything that glows.

3 Likes

images (48)
Big Bump

1 Like

1: neodymium magnet 2x1 mm with Sugru coating
2: xNT
3: m31
4: xEM in HID mode
5-7: m31
8: xBT
9: xEM in EM mode
10: xNT
11: flexNT
12: VivoKey Flex One (beta)
13: xM1 (the original Mifare Classic, without CMB)
14: xM1 (I had the original xM1+, but I’ve replaced it with the new and improved xM1 with CMB)
15: xLED LF
16: xLED HF
17: VivoKey Spark 1
18: VivoKey Special project - contactless payment implant
19: xG3: left tragus (not in the photo obviously)
20: xG3: right tragus (not in the photo obviously)
21: xLED LF
22: xG3
23: flexM1
24: VivoKey Spark 2

Unfortunately I can’t update my previous reply, so I’ll just create another reply instead.

4 Likes

Any info on the vivokey special implant and how it’s going :wink: would love some insider goss :joy: