Numbing Gel vs Emla Patch vs PMK

I forgot to order any of the above for my install

So I think I’m doing a flex needle install raw :sweat_smile:

1 Like

As @Coma touched on epi is for bleeding.

Epinephrine is a vasoconstrictor which is a fancy way of saying it restrics the vascular system (which includes your veins) and slows down the bleeding.

No a huge difference between with/without epi its all numb. With epi takes longer to wear off and dosing levels are very slightly different but for our applications there negligible.

1 Like

One more thing to mention here about epi is that it can significantly increase the risk of tissue necrosis if used in extremities like fingers. Because it is so effective at constricting blood vessels, the smallest of which are at your extremities, it effectively stops all blood flow in these areas. Practitioners are careful to use as little as possible, or said another way - only as much as absolutely necessary - in those areas.

2 Likes

I’m glad you said can :sweat_smile: there’s been a few studies on the effect of epi when used for nerve blocks like with magnet install and they found a negligible difference in the SpO2 levels on the effected finger with that said don’t use lido with epi on the actual extremities

I.e. do not inject your fingertip.

The other important point is don’t mess with injectables if you don’t know what your doing you end up pushing lido into your veins and it could very well be the last thing you do.

yeah… mostly it happens when people do things like digital blocks around the circumference of something like a finger… effectively creating a ring around the extremity that completely chokes off blood supply… but it can happen with lesser coverage but higher doses that last longer.

1 Like

100%

Also that gel the “DT” stuff us bloody good!

2 Likes

Go to a local drug store. They usually have 4% lido patches or cream.

@amal, was there a typo or did the PMK go up in price substantially?

do a me and just raw dog it /s

1 Like

I I screwed up and forgot to order gel to be shipped with my conversion return… so no chance of it getting here in time

and I’m semi locked in for install later today/tomorrow depending how you view time relative to sleep

Might try @Backpackingvet’s suggestion of 4% lido cream from a local pharmacy if they have it and I get it applied in time

Or I just do it raw out of simplicity, it shouldn’t hurt THAT much more than a large x series right?

2 Likes

Is it a needle install? Didn’t @Pilgrimsmaster have one without numbing?

1 Like

If it is cream, I would put it on thick a few hours before and wrap it in saran wrap.

If it is a patch, I would put it on asap.

Kinda what I figure though. I think I could do one install and be fine, as long as there is lube. Two, I would be pushing it.

Best case? You say ouch. Worst? You pass out, just set yourself in a good position.

Still trying to figure out why I passed out with my last install. I really don’t mind it happened, it was a rather fun few hours in my head, and I woke up a few min later.

1 Like

Yeah, no issue at all for me
However
My installer didn’t have any needle lube and mine was before DT was selling it.
My installer struggled alot to penetrate me fully and deeply without lube
:astonished:
(I sent my install video to Amal)

My next Flex install I will also do without any pain meds/ numbing, but to make it easy on the installer, I will grab some lube.

Pain is an individual thing.
Some hate it :confounded:
Some like it :smirk:
Some just don’t care :yawning_face:

1 Like

I feel you :stuck_out_tongue:
Gonna get my xSIID installed next week (found out my local piercer does this as well, so no need to drive 2hrs by train for that :wink: ), and I guess it will be without lube and without numbing. Pretty curious on how it works out, but like you said:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

3 Likes

Ehh it will probably be fine. Aren’t all xseries installed without either AFAIK?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not worried at all - just really curious. Another thing I didn’t get done yet, so I can’t say how much or little it will hurt, but it will definitely be less than some other stuff I already did :wink:
And it’s not really a problem for me if bodmods hurt… :wink:

1 Like

The needle is pre lubed for your pleasure.

I think.

2 Likes

The x-series are but not the big guy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Derail cause I just responded to you and saw this…

3 Likes