One more "Which implant should I get and other dumb questions"

This thread helped understand a bit better the Apex/NDEF: NDEF size of the Vivokey Apex line

Thanks

1 Like

Still trying to figure out which implant to got where (I’m probably gonna pull the trigger by the end of the month …)

So far I’m thinking xM1 and xEM in L0 for work access, but I’m starting to play with home access and having a fixed UID is becoming important.
So I’m looking at the xSIID

Had anyone ever used one on the top of the wrist/above the watch?
Any pro/con to know?

Otherwise I’m returning to the NExT and finding another stop for the xM1

xEM and xM1 in L0 and NExT in R0 is also my current installation, can confirm its pretty great if your readers are good enough to couple well with glassies. xMT in R-WATCH (?) position rounds out the set for me on the applications that needed further range.

Possible ones I’m considering for next steps are Apex and maybe flexClass in L3 and R3 positions.

Personally I’m not the biggest fan of the idea of a glass bump in my wrist, more a fan of flex implants there. I also avoided my left wrist since I didn’t want any trouble with my Apple Watch NFC.

1 Like

Yeah, that sounds like a well thought out and usable setup. Thanks for the heads up om the xM1 & xEM positioning.

we will be Twinsies

xEM and xM1 in L0 and NExT in R0

I will splint between the 2 and tape them down whilst they encapsulate…

We will!
I just got my order # :grin:
Got the “ultimate” bundle and added an xEM and a HF x field detector to have 2 full sets.
Probably not gonna install the spark (I’m not installing something I don’t have full understanding of what it does…)

How long do you need to keep them splinted?
I was thinking side by side, along the metacarpal of each fingers.

2 Likes

This depends on your own body and the collagen production, if you are taking prenatals etc.

Depending on where exactly you are thinking of, you may not need to splint between them.

I was thinking L0 for the 2, one toward the index, the other towards the thumb.

But maybe that’s not the proper way to get at it

Some people do just that, in fact, I’m planning to get an xDF2 and an xEM installed in L0. But do keep any chips that run at the same frequency separate, this doesn’t apply to the xLED Field Detector as it’s just a light with no chip.

Also, there’s a X-ray thread and it contains examples of people with two chips in position 0:

1 Like

Perfect, thanks for the confirmation.
The pla:

The spark may (probably) not get installed … I dont have a case use for it (yet?)

1 Like

Ok, got my shipment today :grin:

But that brought up some wired questions …
I can’t read through all the packaging and the needle (as expected), should I try to read before injection to confirm proper operation?

Also, are the needle lubricated?

As a side note, is there any other applications of the Spark2 than the 2FA through vivokey?
Basically, what can I do with it?
I want to know what I can do with it before deciding to inject it or open the packaging and use the implant for testing …

Nope…Just trust that it will work.
We all did, The chance of getting a failure is extremely unlikely.
There are quite a number of threads and posts by people thinking that their implants are not working, but most, if not all are “operator error”, but you have been around long enough to know this.

Yeah they are, lightly, I havent had an issue with penetration, but more lube would make it even easier ( I have never used additional lube for an xSeries )

Are you planning on getting an Apex? If so, your Spark will act as a backup to your account.

So you are aware of using your account for logging in to the forum and Vivokey Forum, also if you have a wordpress site, you can do the same etc.
The Spark will also provide you another means of sharing contact info or url links.

Also this brilliant piece of work bu @pips

Heres the official webpage info

I expect, but cant gurantee, that when Apex is released, there may be a couple of functionalities that may trickle over.

I hope that answers your questions

Fire away if you have more

1 Like

Surely will. Much stuff can be done with Sparks theoretically and VK promised to do what works, just that the login is different on Apex, tech wise.

At least everything that just requires a VK login will easily work with Sparks.

That said, much other stuff just can’t be done on Sparks, so it will always be very limited compared to Apexes.

1 Like

I feel called out lol :laughing:

5 Likes

No problem :+1:

:+1: Glad to hear there has no been any problem with it.

Well that’s a good question … I’m not ready to go flex (yet) and will probably never be for the ones that cannot be installed with the g5(?) needle.
What size will the Apex be?

Thanks for the info on the functions. At this time I do not see me using it much, having the possibility of it getting more functionality is interesting. I might keep it sealed and safe for now and re-asses when we have a better picture.

Mind that I mean very limited in the way that the Apex can do everything and the Spark can “only” do authentication between the chip and VivoKey.

This trust that the Spark can provide enables lots of things, e.g. login via VivoKey, which is the main feature. But I suspect there are limits of what you can do just because the Apex can do crypto and like so much more.

You can decrypt stuff on the Apex, so VivoKey can just store encrypted data. Think private notes stored on VivoKey servers. I don’t think it’s so smart to make that stuff work unencrypted aswell just to support Sparks.
And even if they wanted to it’s quite some work to do so I’d say.
And then it turns real clusterfuck for people having an Apex and a Spark.

Take into account that it might take up to two weeks for the swelling to go down and it can be hard to get a read during this period.

You should probably start playing with the field detector keychains to figure out the best orientation for the chips with the readers that you have.

Thanks, that’s one of the first thig i did :smiley:

Let the flow of dumb idea continue …
I saw a few people use magnet to locate the implants. Does this damages the implant?
And it go me thinking …
Would it be possible to use a magnet to hold the implant in place while it gets encapsulated (to prevent/mitigate migration)?
(Put a bandage over the magnet to keep at the same location)

1 Like

@Satur9 proved magnetizing the ferrite rod inside the x-series antenna can reduce performance, but it’s temporary.

3 Likes
4 Likes