One more "Which implant should I get and other dumb questions"

Some people do just that, in fact, I’m planning to get an xDF2 and an xEM installed in L0. But do keep any chips that run at the same frequency separate, this doesn’t apply to the xLED Field Detector as it’s just a light with no chip.

Also, there’s a X-ray thread and it contains examples of people with two chips in position 0:

1 Like

Perfect, thanks for the confirmation.
The pla:

The spark may (probably) not get installed … I dont have a case use for it (yet?)

1 Like

Ok, got my shipment today :grin:

But that brought up some wired questions …
I can’t read through all the packaging and the needle (as expected), should I try to read before injection to confirm proper operation?

Also, are the needle lubricated?

As a side note, is there any other applications of the Spark2 than the 2FA through vivokey?
Basically, what can I do with it?
I want to know what I can do with it before deciding to inject it or open the packaging and use the implant for testing …

Nope…Just trust that it will work.
We all did, The chance of getting a failure is extremely unlikely.
There are quite a number of threads and posts by people thinking that their implants are not working, but most, if not all are “operator error”, but you have been around long enough to know this.

Yeah they are, lightly, I havent had an issue with penetration, but more lube would make it even easier ( I have never used additional lube for an xSeries )

Are you planning on getting an Apex? If so, your Spark will act as a backup to your account.

So you are aware of using your account for logging in to the forum and Vivokey Forum, also if you have a wordpress site, you can do the same etc.
The Spark will also provide you another means of sharing contact info or url links.

Also this brilliant piece of work bu @pips

Heres the official webpage info

I expect, but cant gurantee, that when Apex is released, there may be a couple of functionalities that may trickle over.

I hope that answers your questions

Fire away if you have more

1 Like

Surely will. Much stuff can be done with Sparks theoretically and VK promised to do what works, just that the login is different on Apex, tech wise.

At least everything that just requires a VK login will easily work with Sparks.

That said, much other stuff just can’t be done on Sparks, so it will always be very limited compared to Apexes.

1 Like

I feel called out lol :laughing:

5 Likes

No problem :+1:

:+1: Glad to hear there has no been any problem with it.

Well that’s a good question … I’m not ready to go flex (yet) and will probably never be for the ones that cannot be installed with the g5(?) needle.
What size will the Apex be?

Thanks for the info on the functions. At this time I do not see me using it much, having the possibility of it getting more functionality is interesting. I might keep it sealed and safe for now and re-asses when we have a better picture.

Mind that I mean very limited in the way that the Apex can do everything and the Spark can “only” do authentication between the chip and VivoKey.

This trust that the Spark can provide enables lots of things, e.g. login via VivoKey, which is the main feature. But I suspect there are limits of what you can do just because the Apex can do crypto and like so much more.

You can decrypt stuff on the Apex, so VivoKey can just store encrypted data. Think private notes stored on VivoKey servers. I don’t think it’s so smart to make that stuff work unencrypted aswell just to support Sparks.
And even if they wanted to it’s quite some work to do so I’d say.
And then it turns real clusterfuck for people having an Apex and a Spark.

Take into account that it might take up to two weeks for the swelling to go down and it can be hard to get a read during this period.

You should probably start playing with the field detector keychains to figure out the best orientation for the chips with the readers that you have.

Thanks, that’s one of the first thig i did :smiley:

Let the flow of dumb idea continue …
I saw a few people use magnet to locate the implants. Does this damages the implant?
And it go me thinking …
Would it be possible to use a magnet to hold the implant in place while it gets encapsulated (to prevent/mitigate migration)?
(Put a bandage over the magnet to keep at the same location)

1 Like

@Satur9 proved magnetizing the ferrite rod inside the x-series antenna can reduce performance, but it’s temporary.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks again everyone for all the (detailed) info.

Got the NExT installed in R0, will do teh xEM and xM1 next week in L0 …
I try to read teh NFC right away, and it read it perfect (on the phone), the T5577 is having a bit of a harder time on the PM3, it bounce around as indala with random UID …

So everything is good and i should be up and going in a few weeks :slightly_smiling_face:

PS: Is there a password for the NFC side or is it the exac same as a blanc Ntag216?

loki-dark

This is quite common, but sometimes T5577 random outputs can be firmware mismatch on the PM3, have you checked yours? Have you tested on your “test card”?

Also a common occurrence is, being able to read your implant for the first [period of time] then after some blood pooling and inflammation, you may not be able to read it again for up to 2 weeks.

It is taken care of before even being sent out to you.
the Password is to protect your implant from you, rather than blocking access. So while you could remove or Change the password, I would reccomend you don’t…IF you still really want to, just ask again and I will shake my head at you but give you the password anyway.
( It really is best just to leave it, and forget about it )

forget-about-it-dont-worry

2 Likes

If only more stuff in life came with this service.

The Low Frequency side is quite touchy my NExT is over a week old and I still need to push it against the pm3 and be within 5mm of the correct end of the implant. You can ignore the Indala random UID its just picking up solar flares or something :upside_down_face:

With LF search you should get a result like [+] Valid EM410x ID found!

1 Like

Only half of me :P, the rest is coming soon™

Ive been playing with teh PM3 for a bit, having an idea of how it works was a pre-rec. to teh implant … from reading on here it should go away in a week or 2?

Thats good :+1:
I am asking because i got a write error … but it is writing now (i need to stay very steady)
All im interested now is to get a read and confirm teh chip works … then:

Thanks, ill keep a eye on that

1 Like

24h update: still reading the Ntag216 loud and clear!
I took the bandage of, the incision is barely visible, but the surrounding are a bit red (to be expected) and a bit sore, but got full movement.

I did notice the end of the chip is only a few mm away from the incision, maybe the chip didn’t go deep enough?
Is this something I need to be concerned about?

I wouldn’t say concerns but do keep and eye on it.
Once the incision has healed, you will be on the clear.
Until then, just be careful, and if you think it may need it, put a match stick (or similar) perpendicular to the front of the NExT and tape it down tight to prevent it from progressing toward the exit.
Taking some pre-natals should speed up the encapsulation

Awesome thanks :+1:
I’ve been taking pre-natal for a few days … Will add a little stick to make sure to keep it in there.