Options for Extra Senses?

also the fact that it can work in combination with an SIID

OPTIONAL - SiiD IMPLANT

A MICROELECTRONIC IMPLANT FROM DSRUPTIVE

You can choose to use Sentero in combination with the SiiD implant to enhance your cyborg experience. By implanting the programmable NFC chip in close proximity to your Sentero you will receive these extra features:

PHONE SOCIAL LINK

To close the loop, when a Nest is sensed, by tapping on your SIID implant with your smartphone you can trigger an app or web-link that links to the person or place we are sensing. Send them a message, call them, open a picture of you together or post something on their social media.

LIGHT

As an additional stimulation when a Nest is sensed.

4 Likes

Yeah but it still seems wooly this “link” to the xSIID maybe I’m just sceptical by nature.

It would be interesting to see what they mean close, as that may push forward the power bracket unless it needs to be on top of it…

3 Likes

This is definitely not my cup of tea :tea:.

Waaay too touchy feely, just interesting, the association between the “north sense” and “xSIID”, as I was reading through I didn’t expect to see a SIID there.

2 Likes

Also, the magnetic poles are about to flip any minute now. Not a good investment :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In THEORY this is software based enough that they could just push an update, I’d assume/hope… but yeah, could get a bit weird otherwise hahahaa

2 Likes

I don’t get it. What even is the point of the SIID in this situation?

Christ, one of these days I’m going to need to design a passively powered compass implant so cyborgnest can stop sucking at it.

4 Likes

If you do, I’ll need one. I’d MUCH rather an implant than a weird arm band… thing… with very vague feature set… but I’m sure interesting how this pans out since it’s at least SOMETHING in the direction of a new sense…

2 Likes

Its supposed to give you the notification flashy light and there armband has haptic. Absolutely no reason to use a siid.

1 Like

The parent site boast biometric monitoring

2 Likes

Not with the siid alone there isn’t, now the chip inside is afaik an ntag i2c plus which give a i2c bus that you could attach sensors to which would be cool.

But as of yet to see something that works, I mean temperature is cool and all but blood pressure or o2sat would be better :thinking:

2 Likes

Notice there overuse of the word platform and enabling -_- they talk about all the vital monitoring but they use sneaky marketing bs to oversell the current offering :laughing: as @Devilclarke said its a chip that a sensor could be added too and potentially code to interact with it but I don’t think they have any info on actual implementations, the site looks like its targeting partners who want to build implantable sensors not consumers since they don’t link to things like impli or the xSIID.

4 Likes

I would agree. Still junky.

1 Like

Two words… space truckers.

1 Like

It is an NTAG I2C Plus. They’re only using it for the energy harvesting though. They are marketing the SIID module as a sensor platform which anyone can set up their own biometric system on, but it will never work for direct communication between a phone and a sensor. I’m pretty confident they didn’t know how it worked when they made it.

I use the same chip on my business cards. While it does work really well for energy harvesting, it can only act as a bridge between the NFC on a phone and a microcontroller over I2C. The microcontroller acts as the master which communicates with the I2C sensor and relays that information over NFC to the phone. It can’t provide a direct communication channel between an NFC phone and an I2C sensor, and not many MCUs can fit in glass.

3 Likes

Having a sense of the magnetic north would be nice, just because an extra sense would be nice, for its own sake. But it’s hardly useful, apart perhaps for orienteering - and that usually requires more precision, and laying the compass on a map anyway. Unless someone wants to do augmented dead-reckoning :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Satur you basically said exactly what I though. One thing I didnt know was that the chip dosnt act as a i2c master thats a bit shit.

3 Likes

Depending on the precision needed it might be useful for scuba diving assuming it worked underwater.

1 Like

Just go to a pool and stay out of the oceans. :+1:

In my experience scuba diving in a pool is boring af :rofl:

2 Likes

Shark free though, and those stupid lil blue octopi that can kill you are in the ocean. Nope.

1 Like