Padlock Key/Nfc

Yep, I’ve been scouring the web for any kind of padlock and I keep seeing a bunch of power harvesting versions

The 2 I can’t get determine anything about is the
PS locks - PAD

And there’s a version or 2 on Alibaba but it’s a 100 piece minimum order

@amal,
Can you speak to the quick lock?
In theory if it works I could be concinved to do a xslx

It’s from a while a go ( aka 6 days ago :wink: ) , but here you go

I was kinda maybe hoping for more than “I use it”
Lol

1 Like

I love how one of the questions on that padlock is this:

2 Likes

Overall it is a pretty cheap lock… I’m sure it’s easily shimable. It doesn’t work very well in extreme cold because the battery can’t keep up with the power requirements when the temperatures get around freezing… But, I’ve used it for a couple years now at a storage facility and I haven’t charged it once. I get into the storage unit around once a month though, so it’s not a very high use lock scenario. Still, my Spark 1 reads great and I quite like not having to worry about a key or fiddling with a combination.

1 Like

What’s in this storage unit? Implants?
Where is this magical facility?
What is the locker number?

Just asking for…innocent reasons…

Please. I can see right through you! Amal if you give me the location I’ll go ahead of Pilgrims to protect the facility from their nefarious plans!

1 Like

it’s filled with bedframe parts, kids bicycles, holiday decorations, etc. … basically all the shit you’d find in a normal garage if I wasn’t occupying it with all my top secret implant tech.

Or said in plain English, it’s the storage unit you got after Mrs. Graafstra gave you an earful because you were pushing all the crap out of the garage and onto the yard.

I wonder if there’s a chance in hell if convincing quicklock it’s advantageous to switch to iso 14443a

In theory we would buy a shit ton of their locks

It’s been discussed before with them… I don’t think they are keen to do anymore design.

Interesting, I was digging around and found this on their site

Given A the set of people who wear an NFC implant
Given B the set of people who need a padlock
I think you greatly overestimate |A ⋂ B|

1 Like

Looks like 4 bytes to me… mifare classic

That’s better than xslx
I have that tech on board lol

The iso cars the show is longer than a 4 byte Id so somethings wrong

Those cards have 8 byte IDs like iso15693 … maybe it supports both standards… or maybe the keyfobs are just printing the last 4 bytes

I’ll try to call them tomorrow, shot in the dark but better than nothing

Hmm… For the insane price of the Wilka padlock, I get to wait >4 weeks for delivery. Digiwell doesn’t stock these things: they turn around and buy from the manufacturer when they get an order :frowning: If that’s what they do, I didn’t need them: I could have ordered direct. Gee…

At that price, you’d expect Digiwell to stock a couple of units to service the mentally unhinged who blow their hard-earned on this product quickly. But no… I’m a bit irritated with them on this one.

I know I’d buy a padlock from the DT store. Just need to find one that works well with x-series and isn’t horribly expensive.

1 Like

The alertlock is still iso 15693 :-/

And I can’t seem to reach PS locks, they are in that weird category of “do they exist?” “Have they gone out of business?”