Padlock Key/Nfc

Holy shit,
Ps locks might actually work out

Got ahold of a human, who not only exists was excited and super accommodating

He’s going to try to send me a sample in either 13.56 or 125 or both whatever he’s got on hand

8 Likes

Hot damn… it looks like my incredibly expensive NFC padlock is slowly inching its way towards northern Finland. I might just get it in time for Xmas :slight_smile:

I think I must have had a lapse of judgment when I ordered that thing, because seriously, it doesn’t take more good sense than what the good lord gave to turkeys to pass that one up in less time than it takes to say “Hot damn… that looks like one incredibly expensive NFC padlock!”

3 Likes

Yessiree. It’s a-coming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Holy shit! is that more that 3 weeks to ship from Germany to Finland…and it still hasn’t arrived. In fact, It has only just been Picked up

What did you pay for shipping?..as if I didn’t know

€12…

That’s what delivery service you should expect from AliExpress for FREE shipping

Was it on Backorder?

I need to check with my ps locks contact to see if they have gotten the samples yet

1 Like

Noooo… it’s 3 weeks to ship from Germany to Germany :slight_smile: It only left Digiwell today - meaning at least another week to get here.

Digiwell doesn’t actually stock those Wilka locks. At least they didn’t: support told me they’ll do it from now on. Because really, at that price, it should be expedited. I can’t say I’m impressed by the delay considering the horrendous cost - although I don’t truly need that piece of kit, so it’s not life-changing to me.

So btw, I decided to not return that Amazon nfc lock I posted before

I’m curious to see if I can rip into its guts and improve the antenna

1 Like

Good luck, I hope it works for you.

I’m sure you’ll document it and share.

I look forward to your results

I’m 95% sure I’m just going to break it

Body is mostly plastic, and I don’t see an obvious route inside

Worst case, I’ll get to post some pictures of the insides of the no longer functioning lock lol

I guess I should make a proper review and document how it works before I break it

Digiwell is the worst DT reseller I know, sadly.
They only have some items, no dev kit, no acr and idk it’s very focused on some biohacking things I don’t believe in. Still a great company, Digiwell did so much for the german community, but they kinda suck at being a shop imo. Still, I order most things there.

1 Like

What a delicate and polite way of saying “bullshit fake biohacking-branded Sharper Image-like devices for suckers, nutritional supplements and other snake oil products”.

2 Likes

What do you have against lightbulbs that you stick in your ears? Or an oxygen blocking training mask?

This just reminds me of the LA magazine article about “bio hackers”. Beware the ozone enema.

You can stick anything you want in your ears and in your poop chute. The only problem I have is when stores sell this stuff as “biohacking” products, because then when I identify as a biohacker to the outside world, people take me for a new-age fool with more money than common sense. In fact, I specifically steer clear of the term as often as possible for that very reason.

2 Likes

You mean I wasted all of that money on a Vitamin C filter showerhead? :rofl:

I remember Robert Anton Wilson suggesting that New Age should rhyme with Sewage. I think I can see why.

Yeah… I don’t know what it is with the word “hack” and all its derivatives, but apparently it’s invariably taken over and twisted to mean something other than its original meaning.

The thing with biohacking is… It can mean anything you do consciously to modify your bodily processes. I mean look: when I read somewhere decades ago that increased level of CO₂ in the blood triggers bowel movements, the first thing I did was hold my breath the next time I got constipated to try it out, and sure enough, it works. Is that biohacking? No: it’s a trick to go faster.

Biohacking should involve something a bit more futuristic than obvious tricks everybody has known since the dawn of time to be called biohacking. But… since the term has already been subverted for crass commercial reasons, the argument is moot. I just plain don’t use the word, is all.

1 Like

It’s coming! it’s coming! I can feel it coming!

archer-coming

Well the ps locks contact has changed to a new contact (higher up the chain?/replaced?)

They inform me the PAD lock is no longer available and is being redesigned,

I repeated “our” interest in a 125/13.56 lock
I also tossed out that if the designer is open to input we could provide some advice to make the lock have a more compatible antenna

So no dice as of now

2 Likes

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! The incredimazing stupid-man-with-too-much-money’s padlock has landed - a full month after ordering, no less:

Boy, this is exciting stuff. I can barely contain myself!

You and all of us too!
I hope you are on your way to pick it up as I type…