Proximity of implants to each other

I have been looking at implants for sometime and the time is approaching for a few large needle jabs. I already have implanted magnets and few piercings and tattoos, so I’m not concerned about the implant process.

I know that different frequency chips can be put close to each other, but of the same frequency must be separated. where the reader can only read one at a time.
I know flexMN can’t have anything within 5+cm (2")
What about the range of smaller flex e.g. flexDF?
Slightly larger flexDF2?
What about the X series? I assume 1.5cm (5/8")

What I want to do :-
Group 1 Personal
flexMN back of right hand - NFC Home Access (Front and Back Doors, Garage) RFID Personal Details to be shared (vCard) open phone (when wearing face masks) login to personal computers
I will have to wait until the LED version is available - you need some bling.

Group 2 (My own Business, only part time at the moment) Left Hand
NeXT with xLED nearby.
Client computers (Clients have fobs). (Premisses access when I grow bigger)

Group 3 Employer
Ring - easily removed for reprogramming (give to security/admin to reprogram.). Easy to reprogram the ID for change of password.

Group 4 Dream on Left hand (or above wrist on right hand)
These are not available yet (In Australia at least)

• Public Transport payment card,
  • Vehicle Fob without hacking the car (Most probably will need to be reprogrammed by the dealer, bit should be common across the major brands as 3rd Party suppliers provide the same item across all the big companies (Takats Airbags).
  • Banking Payments (I know available in Europe).

I know I could get most things put onto the same chip, but that means my employer has access to all other NFC devices

I think this belies a fundamental misunderstanding about how the technology works. Generally speaking, for access control purposes which is the majority of the use cases you outlined above, you don’t put anything on the chip. Chips typically come with an ID number sometimes called a UID, and this is what gets registered with the various systems and doors and access controllers so that your ID is in the list. Sometimes you can copy this ID to special chips that allow for such things, but most chips have an ID that is set by the chip factory and is read only.

Some RFID transponders are also NFC compliant and have additional user memory you could program with arbitrary data. If the transponder is NFC compliant then generally speaking you can program it with shareable data that anybody could scan. That data can be a vcard or a web link or arbitrary text.

When it comes to things like payment or vehicle keys, those applications are far more complex. Generally speaking you cannot just make your chip work with a car unless it’s an Apex Flex and your car is a Tesla… or you can hack your car or in some cases just your car key fob… But generally speaking there has to be some sort of hacking going on to enable an implant to work with your vehicle. For payment, check this;

1 Like

FlexMN …hmmmmm, Do you already have one to implant?

:thinking:
What is this?

Most likely this will be a DESFire type card, which would need to be converted

Just FYI

I am in NZ, and got very close to getting a Public Transport Conversion, I sent my card to Amal, but I heard there was going to be a National Public Transport system rather than our current regional solution, So I am just waiting to see what comes of that.

I wrote up a thread prior to that, that you may wan’t to have a read for some considerations

With regards to you main question, ~“how close can I put implants of the same frequency” thats a tough one to answer

It really comes down to the Reader(s), i.e. Higher power readers are going to be more difficult to target a read from a specific implant.
Some readers may only “look” for specific chip types, so something else in the field, it may ignore

BUT you can also use physics and Biology in your favour

For example a NExT in you #P0 and FlexM1 in you #P01, when you tuck your thumb under your palm, these implants are at right angles from each other, so you can choose how to approach the reader

I would love to be able to pay, start my car, Public Transport all with my hand, but it’s not going to happen anytime soon, so Dream on.

I live in Australia, someone in the next state (about 700km away) hacked his transport card and implanted it. He ended up in court, now they have cancelled his card.

The only implant I have is a magnet. Well 2 one for sensing magnetic fields and it’s amazing. The other for playing. It has just started to go bad and I will have to get it removed.

Thanks for tip about placement.
I know one chip could do everything I want (NeXT), however I want 3 seperate lives. If I get my front door coded to work’s system, they can easily clone another card if they have criminal intents and I wouldn’t be covered by insurance. So personal on one chip, that no one gets the details of.

My understanding is the readers blast a lot of EMF out, the implants then use a little of that energy to power themselves and send it back with very weak signal hence why the need to be so close to the reader, say a few mm. The bigger the antenna the further the signal gets sent back and the more power is harvested. Hence they can all be excited by the reader but if they can all only transmit a couple of mm as long as the one that you want to talk to the reader is the only one close enough it will be heard by the reader.