Proxmark 3 easy on an iPad

I have no idea, I got lucky and got mine just before they became impossible to find.

I don’t think the 64 bit image I built will work on the raspberry pi zero w, but I can build a 32 bit image easily enough. Give me some time to build it and I’ll let you know. (It’s 4:30 AM here right now)

3 Likes

That would be awesome!

I wish I had the mental capacity to do it myself.
There’s no rush, I’m just tickled it can be done and can’t wait to make a headless proxmark3!

For use with my iPad :wink:
(for the purpose of staying on topic)

2 Likes

I can probably get to it this evening, but if I want to do it properly and dig out my pi zero w and test before releasing it then it might take an extra day. I’m not sure where the Pi Zero W is right now.

If I add the web terminal on too then definitely give me an extra day.

3 Likes

Can we call your stand alone unit a
ZWACK ATTACK
OR
ZWK ATCK
OR
ZWATCK
???

you can do it using termius and a pi over ssh its what i use on my day to day

One or two of the iPad/RPi videos on the tech craft YouTube channel covers how to interface with it, I’ll try and find specific examples and share. In particular there is a workaround for the iPadOS’s aggressive process throttling/backgrounding that allows you to maintain the SSH connection. Also some VNC and web server stuff iirc. Having a look at any of the iPad videos in this RPi playlist would probably be interesting viewing for folks on this thread: Raspberry Pi - YouTube

This video from 8:20. Mobile Raspberry Pi Setup with iPad Pro - Coding, Productivity & More - YouTube

Tmux and Mosh for maintaining the SSH session. Doesn’t actually say how to set it up but it’s a start.

I was looking at using ttyd and set it up directly to run pm3. It provides a web service on port 7681 (by default) and can be set to run a specific command. It can even require credentials and use SSL. I am updating my actual repo so that if you want to make your own image then you can do so relatively easily.

32 bit image created. Ttyd added.

A couple of scripts will be added tomorrow to compile Proxmark3 and set up ttyd. Then I will rebuild the images and test them.

I did dig out my raspberry pi zero w earlier so I can test with both versions.

4 Likes

Great work. Can’t wait to test it all out.

1 Like

For those who are interested, and have a spare tf card and a 64 bit capable raspberry pi an initial (fairly complete) version is available now. Check Proxmark3 Easy and Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W for the image and notes.

1 Like

Given that @amal asked about making something like this as a community project, I was wondering how close it is getting?

It is already very usable, and ease of set up has been my main goal so far. But what features would people like to see? Has anyone actually tried it?

Here is what I would consider the current feature list.

• Easy to set up (write the image to a tf card, pop it in a pi, plug in a proxmark, add power)
  • Pre-compiled Proxmark3 software (as part of the image creation. At most you will need to flash your proxmark3)
  • Built in access point (I might see about switching that to RaspAP so you can also set it up as a client, but that is extra work for the end user)
  • Web terminal(s so that you can just use Proxmark3 from any web browser connected to the access point.)
  • Ssh access (just in case you need more access)

Potential and future enhancements:

• 32 bit OS image (for older pis)
  • Remove the password from the access point?
  • RaspAP so it can double as a wifi client?
  • Support for a small display/simple input

Anything else?

3 Likes

Mate, I think you nailed it :hammer:
As I was reading I was thinking of things and sure enough, you had it covered.

Basically, an iCopy-X that does everything

In my mind, the screen or web terminal option ( Phone / tablet ) makes this a small, portable and very usable tool.

If anything ( feature request ) preconfigured commands :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Does RFID TOOLS on an Android tablet work with the Proxmark3 EASY, or only the RDV4?

should be doable with a proxmark3 easy using OTG cables

Thanks… I’m an IOS guy but I’ve ordered an Android tablet so that I can try that. I’ll report back.

I have some bad news for you.

I have just tested RFID tools with my fairly current pm3 easy on Android and I get the same error message that you got.

I don’t think that this is a PM3 easy issue as it worked before. I suspect that the issue is that the client has not been updated as recently.

It looks like the RFID tools uses the 2020-05-06 Iceman release as a base. I would try downgrading your pm3 to that version and try again.

Alternatively if you have (or can get at a reasonable price) a raspberry pi zero 2 w then you could try the image I built for it with any web browser.

3 Likes

I just now tried it with a new Android 10. I was able to get them to talk to each other and a RFID-Tools Termux session come up with the Proxmark, but the software reported that the PM3 had “either t0o new or too old firmware; please flash the Proxmark with the same version as the Client”.

Since the Dangerous Things PM3 Easy works perfectly on my Win10 desktop and Win7 laptop with the latest Iceman libs, I’m not going to fool with flashing it with a different version.

1 Like

I’m ordering another pi for this tonight. I’ll be doing the full Pi 4, not the Zero W, setup for use specifically with iPad Pro (running power, data and networking through the USB-C port).
I haven’t played around with creating images for r pi before but hope I can end up with a similar, simple to use process as what @Zwack has described - get the image on the micro sd card, whack it in the Pi and add power.
Will keep you posted.

1 Like

If you need assistance feel free to ask. I found it fairly straightforward. The same image I created will work on a pi 4, but doesn’t set up the USB ports like that.

I would advise creating a basic image with a single additional step, and then making one change at a time until you have all of the additional bits that you want.

1 Like