Proxmark3 Easy and Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W

I will go back to that today. I have been busy with other stuff recently due to circumstances outside of my control.

1 Like

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: No problems at all! If I can help in any way, very happy to - Have a few Pis hanging around I can test and work on issues on if you need.

Copying the feature list from the other discussion to this (as the right place for it)ā€¦

Current feature list:

• Easy to set up (write the image to a tf card, pop it in a pi, plug in a proxmark, add power)
  • Pre-compiled Proxmark3 software (as part of the image creation. At most you will need to flash your proxmark3)
  • Built in access point (I might see about switching that to RaspAP so you can also set it up as a client, but that is extra work for the end user)
  • Web terminal(s so that you can just use Proxmark3 from any web browser connected to the access point.)
  • Ssh access (just in case you need more access)

Potential and future enhancements:

• 32 bit OS image (for older pis)
  • RaspAP so it can double as a wifi client.
  • Support for a small display/simple input for common tasks.
2 Likes

Any progress on the 32 bit? This is EXACTLY what Iā€™m looking for - however, all I have is a zero W

Sorry, life has been getting in the way recently.

I will try and get back to this tomorrow (and next week)ā€¦

1 Like

My few notes if they matter. Iā€™ve used and really like ā€œpi sugarā€ for a battery on the pi 0 form factor, I imagine this as a field device.

Iā€™ve built a number of projects where a pi gets controlled via a web interface using flask and itā€™s worked out pretty well so the pi doesnā€™t need to power a screen and you donā€™t need to be fixed to a janky screen attachment, you could also monitor scans from a distance.

Iā€™m pretty good at CAD if you need help making a 3D printed case to make it all nice. I have an easy reader and a lot of pi 0w2 boards laying around to design from.

This is Zwacks project, so I will leave him to confirm or deny, but I BELIEVE the concept is to be something similar to the iCopy-X,

images (99)

but far cheaper and more user friendly (no proprietary limitations) and the included screen is integral to that simplistic usability

@Pilgrimsmaster is right. The idea is to have a pm3 based device that has simple usability built in. There will be options to use other mechanisms to access more complicated functionality.

There already is a basic image that works and provides web interfaces for the OS and for PM3. I have been busily doing other stuff and dealing with life, but I plan on working on this for some of the coming week. I donā€™t start my new job until the following week, so I hope that I can make some progress in the next few days.

In the ideal world this would be a standalone device that connects to a PM3 (either in one case or in a separate case) to provide useful extra functionality.

2 Likes

I just found this project, and do want! Then I look at Pi inventory and boooooo. Would any alternative boards work for this build, or is it Pi Zero specific? A bit of Googling made me think of the one below, but let me know if itā€™ll work first! This project is the beeā€™s knees, and in already imagining a snazzy enclosure.

The build is pi specific but the principle and general configurations should work for other boards.

When I get to the display and interface it will require more work to port I would imagine.

1 Like

Then I will patiently wait for them to come back in stock. Thanks for the quick response. Very cool project that Iā€™m excited to build!

1 Like

Hi man, any news about the pi zero (32bit) version? I got one and Iā€™d really like to build the project using it.