Proxmark3 Easy with Iceman/RRG Firmware!

this is just the proxmark3 easy with iceman pre flashed onto it

This actually isnā€™t entirely correct.

The easy with 1 port can still be run off a power bank and use some of the offline modes. There are a couple of modes that read a card, then allow you to present another card to clone to, not requiring a computer. Theyā€™ll still work fine.

The advantage of the second port is that you can run it off the 2nd power only port, then come back to your computer and connect it before you remove the power, this allows the other offline modes that just spit things into memory to still work as you can read it before losing power wipes the data.

It definitely limits your offline use, but depending on what you want to do, it can still do some things.

2 Likes

Dang, I didnā€™t realise that this listing was this new. Iā€™ve not been on the site in a while.
Glad I managed to grab one so soon.

can anyone do a step by step guide to install it on mac os?
i have proxmark3 easy but i canā€™t install itā€¦ :frowning_face:

check out the home brew deployment optionā€¦ fairly easyā€¦ older firmware version though.

1 Like

You can use standalone modes for this purpose, which work on all pm3s as long as you donā€™t use the flash.

You donā€™t need one of those two port pm3 easies, standalone mode is designed to work without any clients, and as such work even with one port.

Okā€¦ seeing stand-alone modes, but no idea how to get more info on each mode

I donā€™t know how to GitHubā€¦
Yea I know Iā€™m worthlessā€¦
GitHub,arduino,configurations,and firmware flashing is my kryptonite

Seriously willing to pay someone to virtually sit down with me and help me get my reader and understanding up to speed

Itā€™s that or buy the DT offering and hope that I have an easier time with it ( which is at best a 50/50 ) since itā€™s already flashes to the correct firmware?

thanks @amal I did it now itā€™s gone :top: :tada:

Are you willing to run Linux? Iā€™m willing to put the time in to help you get set up for free if youā€™re willing to run it on a Linux machine or partition.

EDIT: unless you already have it running on Windows, then I could help with the commands and such.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know Linux, thatā€™s probably more hassle trying to learn Linux on top of everything, sorry I suck lol

It is installed on windowsā€¦ sort of?

The proxmark client opens, and Iā€™ve bounced around in it a bit, managed to clone a prox ii card, to a blank card I hard, and I verified that it was a good clone

But then other things donā€™t work right, Iā€™m missing all the tune stuff, and I canā€™t seem to clone an indalla card I have

Itā€™s supposed to be iceman firmware from piswords pre installed, but Iā€™m not sure

In addition to wanting to learn how to use the standalone modes mentioned above in the GitHub

I followed this one

1 Like

FYI somebody else grabbed a Piswords one that was ā€œsupposedā€ to be icemanā€¦ but it wasnā€™t. So that actually could be your issue

Also no software was included or instructions, so I downloadedā€¦ whatever piswords linked to I think,

Which is a jumbled mess with little to no explainationā€¦

Would their video help?

That seems to be the norm with many commercial and less commercial products nowadays. No manuals, no CD (well okay, USB drive today), you have to download the stuff and hunt for documentation if the product itself isnā€™t obvious - when it exists.

If youā€™re lucky itā€™s in a well-organized wiki. If youā€™re less lucky, itā€™s a bunch of posts in obscure forums from people who had the same problems and found the answer somehow. If youā€™re not lucky, you have to dive into the code - when they release the code. And if youā€™re really unlucky, the code is commented in Chinese.

Iā€™m in the latter category with my ChameleonTiny, to make use of the BLE interface. Thereā€™s just no documentation whatsoever. Bit frustratingā€¦

Sort of,
Except I donā€™t have the files heā€™s showingā€¦ and thereā€™s no links to wherever the hell they are on piswords website lol

Not dissimilar from what rosco is saying

I need to post a screen shot later today/tomorrow/whatever 12 hours from now is

I feel like the program interface Iā€™m using looks very different that what others are using,
Grey generic window, sidebar with an explorer tree of various Hf/lf commands

If just buying the DT one will

I had the same problem with PiSwords. Asked for Iceman but came with something else and that software in the video and such was absolutely no help at all. I just use the precompiles these days and itā€™s super simple.

Do you mean to ā€œhackā€ the Bluetooth.
Because to use Bluetooth is easy with a couple of apps.

The Bluetooth version of the Tiny has only been out a short number of months, so in time I imagine there will be more info available.

If I was in your position, I would contact IceMan, especially if you explain your project I think he would be keen to help.
You could try the Proxmark Forum, and
I know you donā€™t do discord, but he is really active there plus some other clever cookies :cookie: and there are two channels that would be of interest to you.
(Iā€™m sure you are aware, but the chameleon Mini and Tiny are virtually the same except form factor)

Use a proxy and here is a link to the Discord

Iā€™m not looking forward to all the faffing when I get mine, thankfully its from DT so WILL have Iceman FW on it.

I definitely do not want to go back to tinkering like I did when flashing the Xbox 360. Making sure you got the right chip on a external SATA PCIE expansion card, powering with the console and data with a PC, interrupting the tray to get it into recovery mode. Making sure you had the correct modified firmware for the drive, they had 4 or 5 different ones if I remember, and getting the timing right without messing up. :weary:

2 Likes

Yeah it drove me bonkers but it was a really good learning experience. First time having to set up a git repository and such. But yes! Having Iceman pre-flashed will be a lot easier to update it in future. Going in with absolutely zero idea of how these things work was a little frustrating for a noob like me!

1 Like