Proxmark3 Easy with Iceman/RRG Firmware!

Pray for me… :pray:

1 Like

I did already. He told me to hit Discord - which I did, much to my chagrin. One helpful person told me to look at the source code, which is what I had figured I ought to do anyway :slight_smile: That’s okay though, I don’t have a problem with that.

I don’t think Iceman would be interested. I’ve asked a couple of questions on the Proxmark forum in the past regarding alternative, non standard uses of the PM3, and he never answered. That’s what he does when he’s not interested in something. And that’s understandable: he’s probably busy enough with mainstream issues.

Also, the general attitude on that forum is, if you haven’t researched the issue up the wazoo before asking, they tell you to do so and then come back. By which point, you’ve probably figured it out all by yourself - only you’ve wasted hours doing so when a simple answer on the forum would have sufficed. Oh well.

Oh great flying spaghetti :spaghetti: monster :japanese_ogre: in the sky, guide this little meatball with your divine IceMan fork :fork_and_knife: , so he can untangle the threads of the ProxMark spaghetti.

“Ra-men”

3 Likes

Is anyone (or DT planning) selling the rdv4 preloaded and ready to go? I’m interested in having a proxmark I can use headless/untethered. I have a pm3 that I barely got to work on my Mac enough to clone my work badge to my xEM, but the process was so painful and difficult for me that I don’t want to mess with it ever again. I don’t want to mess with the installation or the flashing. I just want to pay $$$ and have something I can use. Seems like the rdv4 is better suited to put in a case, and for accessories.

…yep
Yeah, that is a fair comment.

Sorry mate, that was my best idea for you

For whatever reason their community isn’t as welcoming as ours.

I am surprised IceMan wasn’t interested, maybe if you were a regular there and they got to know you like we do, it may have been a different outcome.

I may not be a regular, but I’ve contributed a couple of firmware patches. I would think that’s enough to at least show some coding creds.

Disapointing, Pretty uncool In my opinion

Their loss and your pain by the sounds of it.

I think you meant “Ra-men” chap

2 Likes

Damn it, that’s way better, I should have known that…I’m “stealing” that.

I’m not actually a Pastafarian.I don’t follow the teaching but I do respect them.

I sway more towards the Celestial Teapot

images - 2020-10-23T065458.899

1 Like

I thought you’d be one for the cult of the sperm whale and a bowl of petunias.

2 Likes

I like the invisible pink unicorn (though the pastafari teachings are pretty nice!), but to save my soul, I think I’d rather worship Cthulhu. Just in case, you know…

2 Likes

Why pick the lesser of two evils, amirite?

1 Like

Yep. And all those tentacles…
Additionally, R’lyeh looks like a pretty safe spot, considering current viruses, nuclear threat and all that stuff… :wink:

1 Like

Shokushu 4 days.

1 Like

As an ordained Dudeist, I abide this message

I’d be most grateful if you would be willing to help me out. :grin:

Certainly happy to set a partition up with Linux (ideally Kali) but whatever your recommendation would be.

Are you on the Discord? Cause that has voice chat. Makes it easy.

3 Likes

The problem is that the version on the unit must match the version on your laptop. The easiest way to do this is for you to compile and flash on your system. The only way to do a ‘ready to go’ no hassle system is for DT to also sell you a laptop - VERY expensive way to buy an RDV4.

The unfortunate nature of these is that they are not a consumer device, they are an RFID research tool that happens to let us do a lot of the things we want to do. People write posts and instructions to try and make it easier, but they are not a simple turn key device and likely never will be.

1 Like

I am on the Discord channel. Feel free to drop me a message and we can get something sorted.

Thanks for this, it’s really awesome of you.

2 Likes

How did you manage to make the Iceman fork work for PM3 Easy? I tried using fresh pre-compiled binaries and only the other “branch” is working for me.

Summary