Proxmark3 Easy with Iceman/RRG Firmware!

You have to copy Makefile.platform.sample to Makeform.platform, then comment out the line for RDV4, and uncomment the line for OTHER. Then recompile the repo.

1 Like

once youā€™ve cloned the repo follow these steps
cd proxmark3/
mv Makefile.platform.sample Makefile.platform
nano Makefile.platform [comment out RDV4 and uncomment PM3OTHER]
~save and exit that file~
make clean && make all
make install
run proxmark3 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I gave up trying to get it working on mine, it always fails. At some point when I have more time I may try again, but it was an exercise in frustration for sure.

I was under the impression that with a battery and a Bluetooth module you can do most things either with buttons or your phone?

Not sure, but would this be of use to you @anon3825968 ( Sorry Itā€™s YouTube )

Not BLE specific, but :man_shrugging:

Updated my PM3 Easy with new firmware successfully.
Started with hw tune and lf read @ to find the sweetspot of R0.
Iā€™ve then successfully written EM, Jablotron and FDXB codes to the LF side of my NeXT, all verified with PM3 RDV4 and PetScan. But the problem is, no matter what I do the pm3 easy was only able to read back the EM code.
It comes as a surprise, but I guess everybody usually has the external way of verifying the written implantā€¦

Naked(!) pm3 easy being firmware updated

1 Like

Hey @robt,

I canā€™t find you on the Discord. Just @ me on there so I know what your handle is. Mine is the same as here

1 Like

My guess is Epocalyse

Nah, Iā€™m Epocalyse.

Wrong
:man_shrugging:

Sorry @Epo , I should have guessed that

Not on Iceman firmware i believe, and theres always a chance that the version of software on your phone may not match.

Iā€™m not too up to speed on the Android version as Iā€™m an iOS user and donā€™t have an RDV4 so I could be wrong, but I think you can still run into the same issues just less frequently.

@amal are you planning to restock this, and if so, do you have a rough ETA?

Holy shit we out already?!

Yeah more are on the wayā€¦ dunno ETA though and I still l have to program themā€¦ soā€¦ soon?

6 Likes

I should have mine by the end of the day.
Will spend some time tinkering with it and then decide where Iā€™ll end up putting the xM1.

@amal would you mind sharing how you program them if its any different to the regular flashing of the RDV4? Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a guide / tutorial around somewhere, but Iā€™m struggling to find it :frowning: (and I saw theyā€™re available on backorder so I have ordered one of your preflashed ones too!)

Basically the pm3 easy has a shitty weird firmware on it with a crap bootloaded and I have to push a different bootloader first, then another bootloader to bridge the gap, then I can push the iceman bootloader and full imageā€¦ and how you do this requires different holding of the button and power cycling the pm3. Itā€™s a serious pain in the assā€¦ but once we sorted out the order of operations itā€™s somewhat easy for us to upgrade them in batches.

1 Like

Yah, I tried getting it on my pm3 easy and ā€œeasyā€ it was not. I may snag one of yours next time there is a batch up. Iā€™ve invested as much time as I am willing into that. Maybe you should take a trade-in programā€¦ like a core charge on a car part LOL ((not actually suggesting that, it would be a PITA for you and not worth it))

1 Like

Not a bad idea! $20?

I meanā€¦ if you are up for itā€¦ I figured it would be more trouble than it is worth for you.

You might have to contend with DOA devices (knowingly or otherwise), clones or slight variants, etcā€¦ but thatā€™s up to you to decide if thatā€™s worth it, of course.

ie: I bought this one instead of the recommended piswords one of AliExpress: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B083DQ7CTZ/ That may or may not be why I canā€™t get it to flash. It may be a can or worms.

1 Like

So the JTAG security bit is still set? Hmmmm, that could be interesting if any of them get brickedā€¦

Found info about the security bit being set / how to reset it here, here and here. Anyone who wants to reprogram their own easy via JTAG will likely need to erase the chip as shown in those posts.

1 Like