Purewrist prepaid payment card in USA

I also tried one of those same Verifone MX915 terminals that worked in the first video since I got it implanted, but I gave up after about 30 seconds cause I was annoying the cashier. I should probably wait for the swelling to go down. I’ll keep you posted. I’m planning to record every terminal I use over the next two weeks.

4 Likes

Sounds like you need to be sent on a sponsored shopping trip

3 Likes

Just opened my purewrist, going to test it around as per my plan and then send it off! I wonder what I can do with this strap rather than just chuck it…

1 Like

Kewl yeah, that’s awesome! The reads should get better as the swelling goes down. I guess I’m kind of curious too if the terminals treat it like a credit card and allow the PIN bypass? Bottom line is, even tho I’m not keen on implanting something with an expiration date myself, (I understand there’s no way around that right now), I may still consider if there’s wide enough acceptance at different terminals. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So far it hasn’t been an issue. There is a PIN, and you can use it, but it’s also a credit card so in the US you can just hit “enter” instead of entering the pin and it will usually process it as credit. Either way you’re covered. From the FAQ page:

1 Like

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: The anti​:no_entry_sign:-derailment​:railway_car: & thread​:thread: hijacking​:gun: thread​:thread: :interrobang:

Hey, check this out! Exactly 48hrs since implantation and it’s already starting to close up. I’ve had the bandage off for a few hours and I might just leave them off for good (other than tonight while sleeping)

Bonus pic with the vein finder. Still a bit of blood in the channel blocking the light, but you can kinda start to see the leading edge of the implant I think.

Has it backed off past the insertion point, or are my eyes deceiving me?
It looks like it’s taken an even longer hike than my flexM1.

Nah, I can feel it. The top edge of the implant is 3mm away from the entry wound in the direction of my wrist. Must be blood or a ligament that you’re seeing near the top there. It’s kinda at an angle. Here’s a better picture.

Is it installed sideways across the metacarpals?

The bottom most edge only overlaps the fourth metacarpal by about 2mm. It’s at ~10° angle from the entry wound. It’s really hard to see because of the swelling. I’ll take more pictures as the swelling goes down. It’s looking good from here though. Pretty excited to take it on a buying spree to test some readers :smiley:

3 Likes

Is crossing metacarpals ok or not ok?

I was under the impression the flex’s you could implant a lot more places just not across a moving joint

1 Like

We’re sure gonna find out, cause there’s not much I can do about it now! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Well obviously,

But what was the previous recommendation?

It’s not a good idea. You’ll can get irritation and impacts will crush the implant up against a bone which can damage it

Awesome! I’m almost tempted to get one now! At the rate things are going I’m going to look like a mummy on the plane ride home after the first post-pandemic Grindfest! So far, 1 PegLeg, 1+ finger magnets, 2 xG3, a fake xNT swap for a NeXt, 2 tragus magnets and potentially a few homebrews! I am stockpiling Ibuprofen now!!

1 Like

The pegleg seems pretty cool

Oh hey Moonman. You’re up near Rochester, right? I’m pretty sure I’ll be up there to visit some fam around Thanksgiving if you want to grab some lunch.

2 Likes

I am! That would be so much fun! PM me what dates you think you’ll be up here!

3 Likes

I’m up here too, mind if I join ya?

2 Likes