The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Tried to. She preferred Sugar Cubes.

About 15 hands worth.

Sounds like my cousin :eyes:

2 Likes

Did she marry an Army dude, and when that dude deployed, your cousin try to have sex with any dude? Bonus points if she also maxxed out credit-cards in her ex husbandā€™s name? (Me)

1 Like

No she just got a boyfriend who did crack and also started doing crack

1 Like

I hit my hand yesterday pretty close to my R0 Xnt. It seems like I bruised the bone a bit, and ut hurts to press on it. Its not visibly inflamed, but it does hurt. Any idea on how to tell if my implant is OK? Iā€™m pretty confident that it is, but just checking.

Iā€™m More Amazed at the fact you can pay for petrol at the pump, australia seems to be behind on that

1 Like

Do you have to steal it Oz? :slight_smile:

not unless you want to pay for that petrol in prison time (there is a sec cam for every bay of a petrol station here)

But Nah we still have to go inside to pay, Iā€™ve seen what looks like pay at pump interfaces, but Iā€™ve never seen it working.

Yeah I know, j/k.

Here in Europe, itā€™s the other round: 90% of the tellers have lost their jobs, you canā€™t pay in cash anymore, and you have to use the ATM by the (now unattended) pumps.

Iā€™ve seen that in Denmark a lot (didnā€™t get further north yet^^), but at least in Germany, the ususal shop-thingy is still pretty standard. I pay almost everything in cash (itā€™s just so nice and anonymousā€¦ yeah, paranoia kicking in :stuck_out_tongue: ), and at least on the gas stations I visited, there was no pay at pump optionā€¦

I kinda miss the full service gas stations - you know, where you can stay in your car and an attendant pour gas into your tank. Those are long gone.

But yeah, mostly now I miss not being able to pay in cash.

Iā€™m lazy enough that I would like thatā€¦ actually had that experience about 15-20 years ago in Poland, was quite surprised about it :smiley:
And a former friend of mine once said that she just had to look confused and helpless, and very soon sheā€™ll get full service at the gas stationā€¦ well, I donā€™t like looking confused and helpless, so no option for me, but might work for others :smile:

In New Jersey, there is a law that you arenā€™t allowed to pump your own gas. All attendants.

Oregon is also like this. Think they just passed a law allowing some self-serve relatively recently, but it was full service only for decades.

2 Likes

I visit New Jersey regularly. Personally I think itā€™s ridiculous. Pump your own damn gas, and either enable the pump attendants to get some more fulfilling work or just give them free money so that they donā€™t have to do such humiliating labor.

1 Like

Conversely, I know a lot of people who used to have menial jobs they didnā€™t like, but they needed to put food on the table (gas station attendants, supermarket cashiers essentially), who are now out of a job, on the dole and counting the last penny to get to the end of the month. They donā€™t have enough to live a reasonably comfortable and stress-free life no more, and the taxpayer ends up footing the bill.

Humiliating, yes, but those jobs are welcome by those who need 'em, and their disappearance ends up costing a lot to society.

1 Like

@pilgrimsmaster would you mind moving all the posts about pumping gas to the anti-derailment thread? I want to continue chatting about it but I donā€™t want to fill up this thread.

1 Like

Sorry, didnā€™t mean to derail. Iā€™m done.

Nah m8, weā€™re cool. Iā€™m interested to talk more about it and see what everyone thinks, but it might get long and maybe political so I just donā€™t want it in this thread about the purewrist.

1 Like

or fork it to a new thread entirely, I wouldnā€™t mind continuing the convo

1 Like