Purewrist prepaid payment card in USA

I haven’t seen any evidence of any other viable options in the states. One barrier has been antennas though, and with the new designs we’re using we can accommodate a much wider range of conversions.

Have a look around and let us know if you find anything. Payment wearables and contactless cards are all viable options to explore. The limitations are:

• It cannot have the contact interface (little pads on the middle of one side like a sim card), because those use a different chip format that would be difficult or impossible to convert.
  • It cannot require a battery to operate. Some devices have a battery but still use a passive tag like the Apple watch, while others are just relaying information from an app on your phone which uses the internet.

I mostly climb sport :stuck_out_tongue:.

But really, I did some practice crack climbing to see where I made the most contact, and my knife edge seemed fairly alright— Not from pressure, but from abrasion and scraping for the most part. I haven’t climbed with it in, so we’ll see… I’m pretty confident in the Flex’s ability to withstand abuse, mostly just wanted it to not be uncomfortable over bones/tendons or something.

2 Likes

For sure. The comfort thing was my big concern. I think I’ll stick with a couple inches back from the wrist… But please do let me know how it goes whenever you get around to trying some cracks! Thanks for getting back to me.

1 Like

Update for everyone, got the chip installed! Installed on the knife edge of my left hand and tested by paying for the installation service at Hidden Identity piercing in WA! The pain management gel from Dangerous things worked great and the piercer Gumby said the new payment card conversion is quite small and very easy to get put in. Day 2 and only some slight discomfort in the implant area! Overall I’m very pleased with the hardware supplied by Amal and the install by Gumby. If you’re in the WA area, I’d highly recommend giving him a call for implants. The facility was spotlessly clean and highly professional!

6 Likes

Was your conversion the white antenna or the classic wound copper one?

4 Likes

That’s me!

@Satur9 this was the new version with the white antenna, as you can see it work quite well!

1 Like

How did Amal get that video posted before you :joy:

Also congrats, I’m very jealous

2 Likes

Obviously he’s Amal the Mindtaker

dcdjiso-dd3b8713-9851-417e-b4d8-d0a2932958a9

WooOOooOOooooo!

3 Likes

Got a tracking number from DT today

At first I was like

Then I was like

1 Like

Awesome, have you decided location yet?

Think I’ve decided for L4

Mostly from trying to present my hand to various readers in the wild

There’s more flex of your wrist vertically than horizontally, which makes presentation easier

Guess what I received in the mail today?

3 Likes

a pineapple and guava pizza?

1 Like

Nice NFC ring you got in the mail. Is the implant you’re holding in your hand for scale? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow! A brand new hand!

2 Likes

Don’t tease me

1 Like

I want to ask if Aliens :alien: are sending probes by mail as “install your own”

But I guess i will just say, awesome :credit_card:

2 Likes

@Eriequiet have you had a chance to test it yet?
Now you see the actual physical size, Have you decided 100% on location yet?

No, nothing besides a quick scan with the phone
It pings as a desfire so, at least it’s nit a brick :slight_smile:

Frustratingly, I can’t seem to get more money to load on to the account at the moment, and tried with a different card as well…
I’ve done so before

They claim to have a 24/7 help center but it just goes to a message which is annoying…

I’m going to try to get ahold of them during business hours before I fly off the handle or anything

New business, covid, maybe it’s hard to get 24/7 phone coverage… I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt for now,

but this is the second time I’ve been unable to reach their customer service, so that’s no bueno

Haha :sweat_smile:, about that

Seeing Amal’s new finger flex is pretty tempting,

But I have a HF, right by my pointer finger, which is the finger I’d go with

Baring that, I’m still gunna say L4/5 on top of the pinky bone