Purewrist prepaid payment card in USA

Went pretty well, only thing I didn’t realize he used a taper and the back of the needle to slide it in deeper, oops
Least it was gentle :-/

I know tools are bad so hopefully not the end of the world

Beyond that so far do good

4 Likes

Wait, where is the Eye of the Tiger??
Glad to hear it went well :slight_smile:

Kinda worried about the tools that touched the chip, thoughts?

Classic… didn’t start far enough back and push the needle in deep enough… that caused the depth of the pocket to be basically insufficient and then use of tools became necessary. That said, the tools in question and the way they were used should not cause problems.

1 Like

That’s a relief

To cut my installer some slack, we were using the needle designed for the narrow flex, so the depth line was more than needed, so we winged it a bit probably should have just gone to the original line anyways :sweat_smile:

True… a good rule works be 150% the length of the device should be the depth from the back of the bevel (not the point) to the incision site.

A good place to put this image

2 Likes

Running out for food, hand is still fairly swollen but might swing by a gas station to give it a shot…

2 Likes

No dice but it was a quick strafing run

@Eriequiet great job :+1:t2: Any pain ?

Currently nope,

Was a pretty good poke until it broke the skin
Then getting the chip in had a few fairly sharp feelings but over all it was done in 5-10 minutes

First scan success

I just need some time with one of those black glass touch screen readers to find its sweet spot

3 Likes

Works like a charm now on these vending machines,

I need to play with more readers…MOAR

5 Likes

i just had to… too much good content being posted…

10 Likes

I was planning to post more lol but excellent video

I’m part of a thing yay

2 Likes

Well that one flat terminal there fairly common is giving me issues

I need to figure out how to arrange some time with one and a field detector

Edit
This one

I think I saw a video on that one and the sweet spot was an awkward bit at the top edge. Maybe give that a try?

This looks like the machines at Meijer. You may be able to get some alone time on a self checkout line so you don’t feel pressured.

I work at 2 retail stores that use them. My experience is that my next reads (and errors out due to not being a payment card) when I place it perpendicular to the top edge and slowly drag downward onto the screen.

1 Like

Right there is the sweet spot for an x series

2 Likes