Purewrist prepaid payment card in USA

The aggravating thing about these terminals is that it seems they can put out a ton of power… like the verifone does… yet still be completely unable to read things well. In speaking to someone in the field, they relayed that yes it’s possible the “receiver” portion of the de-modulator could be absolute shit and basically not work all that well.

Basically my thought is that these terminals are pushing huge field so phones can talk to them from like 6 inches away using active-active coupling… but they don’t have to be listening all that well because the phone is pushing field modulation with active electronics vs a passive chip which is trying its best by switching a little resistor. This seems to hold water because those verifone terminals can barely even talk to a normal purewrist card or payment keychain… like barely… but my android phone can almost be in my damn pocket and still make a payment.

2 Likes

I will most likely wait until there is another payment solution that’ll work with the apex; however, I wanted to check this thread and see how people were linking the Purewrite solution.

I did find this on their Twitter. Is it true that the Personalized card does not expire?

It definitely expires, they just ship you a new one before the original one you have expires, so that you can swap out the card in the wristband.

1 Like

100% a deal breaker.
I did email them to confirm saying “I’d like to sew it into my favorite jacket, and would like to know if I’d need to replace it in 36 months with the personalized card”

Just read the TOS and figured out the difference. The starter card, the funds, and the card expire after 36 months. The personalized option only the card expires after 36 months but the funds are transferable to the new card.

Figured I’d throw this out there. I stopped paying my purewrist monthly fee due to lack of use (this is totally on me). Eventually they just blocked my account and upon unblocking said account they closed the card. So just make sure you have the funds to pay it whether or not you’re consistently using the card.

Purewrist just simply didn’t have everything I needed. You’re limited to depositing certain amounts of money at a time, their customer service is super slow and not super helpful, the app is honestly super lackluster and will never save card info for reloading despite what it says. Just my thoughts.

5 Likes

I managed to get it to work, it does seem to save but it’s tucked away in a corner weirdly

Everything else has I agree has been my experience

1 Like

My Purewrist is going to expire this July. I have sent an email and left several messages on their phone system, to see if I can somehow renew the card without getting a new one, but I have not heard anything back. Their customer service is awful. When I call, it just says all the agents are busy, leave a message and then it hangs up.

I have used the chip for about a dozen times in the past three years, mostly because I couldn’t find a device that would read the chip (I live in Houston). For a while I thought the chip was broken because no PoS device would read it (I even tried the new ones like Square). Then last week I found a couple of places, specifically Shell gas stations started reading it with their new readers.

Couple of weeks ago I asked my doctor to remove this chip and another one from 6-7 years ago that I can’t feel under my skin anymore, but now that Purewrist has started working again I don’t know if I should wait or remove it.

That’s the thing, they ALL are
They bought one big order all at once…,
the community didn’t realize until we were in deep

I kinda wonder if they are going to implode come July

I’m not in the US, but this seems to be a worldwide staple on electronic payment media.

It stems from them not being fully regulated anywhere, which makes so that the Insurance companies indirectly cause this…

Since if you have only 200 Monnies in there then lose it, you might not complain too much. or if you do they can just pay you up.
But if you had 200K Monnies in there… not only you would make a fuss but that would also cost them a lot!

Things might get sunnier though!!#

That’s exactly why I came to this thread! :sweat_smile:
:circus_tent: :fire: :eyes:

1 Like

And now they are out. I am left with two magnets in my hand :frowning:

Sorry to hear that, mate. Such is the way with gray market cutting edge tech. I’m working on more and better solutions.

3 Likes

Why are you sorry?! I was fully aware that this day would come. I had my fun with it to the last minute, gave the doctor some stories for his daughter! Thanks for making it.

I’m disappointed that purewrist misrepresented their product and people have to suffer for it. I’m doing what I can though. I know grinders and biohackers are willing to deal with the bullshit, but my desire is to make this technology more accessible to the general public. We’re making great strides, but I feel like we could be doing better.

5 Likes

That’s why I love my Quontic Payment Ring!

I use it everyday, and all the money is FDIC Insured. No fear about having to prepay, pre-load, limited to a certain amount. Just tap and ya good to go :grin:

1 Like

Quontic isn’t limited because it’s not an “Electronic Payment Media”.

It’s just a variant form for a debit card. Still being issued/linked directly to a bank.

Then I get thorn thinking about that:

• on one hand… more banks should be offering that! it’s great!
  • on the other… electronic payment media needs more freedom and independence. so we could get that media (and even implkants) as an accessible thing soon enough!
1 Like

Speaking of… what ever happened to apex ring pay?

We’re dang close to shipping… soon™

5 Likes

Dumb question here …
How do we have payment on the Apex ring but not the implant?
I thought they were the exact same chip with a different antenna/packaging.

1 Like

you thought correctly

therefore not dumb.

The problem is Mastercard and Visa et al.

Heres one of many rants explanations on the forum (not the best one, just the first one I found, but you get the idea)