Purewrist prepaid payment card in USA

I know it’s probably not really a thing to worry about, but the idea of cutting or damaging tendons/ligaments makes my skin crawl

Also I’m already down 1 or 2, so it’s best I take care of what I’ve got

But that’s not really finger centric, have the same paranoia for hand aswell as it’s right in top of pushy pully bendy bits

I didn’t realise you were a doctor. Nice :ok_hand:

You won’t regret the #4/5 position, my one is perfectly usable there

2 Likes

True, but you raised a very valid point of fist bumping a reader

Hmmmm

Careful with finger installs guys …tendons and nerves are packed pretty tightly in there and you definitely should not be pushing a cutting edge of any kind in a finger install… blunt elevators are recommended… even an installer versed in doing other similar work elsewhere needs to be extremely careful with fingers. There’s a reason hand surgeons exist as a specialty.

4 Likes

Hmmm @Coma, do you think Stigmata would be capable/comfortable with doing this?

Pilgrimsmaster is the best.

Oh my god, this sounds hella weird.

1 Like

Yea definitely not plan A/B/C for me

But it’s definitely higher up the list than self install

Jealous. I wish mine had the new antenna.

2 Likes

Got the load issue solved

My original card had to be replaced, because of that I had to upgrade the replacement again to
Be able to load it

Oops

I was emailed very early this morning, so I suppose that’s good enough…

(Still isnt 24/7 if you ask me but that’s a 1st world problems rant, mixed with some night owl bitterness)

4 Likes

“Somebody” doesn’t watch the Simpsons :wink:

1 Like

Nuh uh

1 Like

I’d say he’s totally able to - he installed my flexNExT, which is bigger. But you might have to discuss placement a bit, I’m not sure if he’d put it in your finger - it’s a risky place, and I’m not sure if he’d take that risk (though he might, I just have no idea^^).
So I guess, write him a mail or use the contact thingy on his page - he’s opening up again on monday :wink:

Update: Just want to add that Arnulf did silicone installs on fingers already, so I guess it might be possible…

Hmmm. Will he be installing your Titan?
I will consider it. Where I currently live, bodymod is forbiden, unless done by a surgeon - so many €€.
In my motherland, bodymod is fully unregulated, you just have to abide by minimal hygienic standards for a studio - and there is not a single one in the whole country that does subdermals, or anything more involved then microdermals - I checked.
And Köln is 900 km away… so transport would cost me 90€ there and back. Do you have any info on the pricing, if I may ask? ^^

Pretty sure, yep - gonna contact him in a few days or so to talk that though, but he installs magnets and he said the Titan was a nice idea when I told him about it, so I guess he’ll be fine with it. His scalpelwork is really great, and since he does silicone implants, flexies and glassies, I guess he’s fine with installing anything safe :wink:
Stigmata isn’t a cheap place (at least I’ve heard of cheaper ones), but I think he’s well worth his money - price may vary depending on how complicated the stuff is, but if it’s of any help, my flexNExT was 250,- € for installation. No idea what he’ll charge for the Titan or my next scars, though :woman_shrugging: But I guess it might still be cheaper than visiting your local surgeon - and to be honest, Arnulf is such a fun guy that he alone is worth the travel, if you ask me :smile:

I assume that he is not allowed to use numbing?
(that wouldn’t really be a problem, I am just considering my options).
Hmm at 250€ for the flexNeXT, it’s starting to get a bit out of my price range. The thing is that I intent to have installed both a Titan and a flex at the same time, and I would ideally like not spend more on installs then on the implants themselves. The surgeon I have spoken to here said 200€ for the flexie and is possibly willing to give me a volume discount, with the added bonus of having anaestheisia and paying 50% less for transport, not to mention the time it takes to drive 1800 km. On the other hand, I am not sure how often a cosmetic surgeon operates on the hands and would preferably not have him fuck it up (we know they do that often enough even on procedures they are actually specialized in :sweat_smile: )
Would lose out on the fun factor though :wink:

Talk to him about it :wink:

Yeah, it’s a bit pricey, and I can totally understand if people don’t want to / can’t pay that much. For me, it’s okay because it’s much of a matter of trust (and sympathy) for me, and I would entrust my life to that guy, so I’m just not willing to look for alternatives :wink:

Yep, like I said - matter of trust :stuck_out_tongue:
But you might do some research in southern Germany - we have quite a big bodmod-bunch over here, there might be studios doing it that are closer to you… for my silicone implant (before I met Arnulf), Trust in Mannheim was recommended to me as well, so they seem to do silicones at least - no idea how experimental they are, though…

Soo the chip works, I tested it picking up some take out…

And god damn that Mediterranean restaurant owner burned me

Eq: hi, I’m here for the order _______
Owner: ok cool, grabs food… that will be _____
Eq: cool, Apple Pay please
Owner: ok :+1:
Eq: *places small vial on reader and quickly moves around
Reader:beep :white_check_mark:
Owner: what’s that device you just used?
Eq: oh it’s just something I’m testing out, it’s a pretty long story but it’s still a payment device
Owner: … is that an implant?

eq:Slowly backs away maintaining poker face

9 Likes

I hope your implant works well. Mine is still sitting in its package. I can not seem to get it to work well at the places I would use it the most. Add to it, I have a ton of issues trying to reload the card, I just don’t feel at this point it is worth implanting.

That’s disappointing.

Maybe one of the other Purewrist owners can help you with reloading funds.

Is yours the Flex or the wedge antenna.

Are the readers you are struggling with, allowing you to present the Flex antenna parallel to the payment antennas or are they forcing the less optimal perpendicular orientation?

1 Like

The older one.

Both cases. I feel my area is just not up to date on them. I can use it at a soda vending machine or a gas pump just fine. When I try to use it at a vendor terminal, it usually declines around 70% of the time I would say. It also does this with my bank tap to pay card.

I can get them on there, but with my banks the only way I can successfully transfer the money is by using a credit card. When I do that, it adds extra interest to it.

No big deal either way. It was a “if it works, great. If not, oh well” Kinda thing for me.