Representation of Implants in Media

Ahahaha - I like that! :smile:

proxy-image

3 Likes

Can you add season 4, episode 17 of Quantum Leap? I think we only need the first minute or two.

Logan’s Run?

One of the things I want to avoid is including sci-fi movies where the implant devices kind of already fantastical in a fantastical setting. What I’m looking for is more along the lines of CSI where they present a chip implant in somewhat contemporary society as if it’s a real technology that exists today and can do crazy things like tracking or whatever.

Basically the kind of show that a reasonable person could watch and think to themselves oh wow I didn’t know that existed. Even shows like mission impossible cover all kinds of technologies and a lot of that stuff really does exist that that like really cool masks that look damn near perfect and 3D printing… of course they put those two things together where a mask could somehow be 3D printed out of nothing in no time… But my point is they present a lot of technologies that really do exist… and chip implants are no different. They do exist, but their capabilities are laughable compared to what’s shown on screen.

1 Like

Makes sense

Moving this here since it’s also what we are talking about about

A possible new addition… that people mention all the time, that deserves a proper debunking… but might get into the weeds is that one particular chip that’s “the worlds smallest” or whatever the fuck nano dust

I never felt the need to fully dive into it, but if memory serves it was uhf? So it probably wouldn’t transmit thru skin anyways…

Also does it even contain the actual antenna?, because there are some physical space requirements for an antenna… the actual chip for most of our implants when not in the COB/MOB format, whichever I mix it up… are already super small… but the chip is the smallest component

Also it’s not biocompatible as pictured, so you can’t just “sneak it in”

Etc

1 Like

Yes there are two forms of this and they both require no additional antenna… but the giant reader antennas required to get readings must be within millimeters, or the identity isn’t digital at all but a unique analog resonant response which drastically reduces total possible unique IDs based on bandwidth.

download

1 Like

Law and order svu s12e1 locum
Over protective parents put a chip in their daughter to track her because she’s trying to run away

2 Likes

My response to that one is always, “Don’t you think if that was possible we’d have it for pets already?”

5 Likes

I’m thinking that a positive representation of implants in the media is “Cyberpunk: Edgerunners”. It portrays a or the path to redemption in 2077, as being the use of implants. The first episode lays this in concrete.

2 Likes

Im not sure if “getting too many implants gives you cyber psychosis” is good representation :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

3 Likes

Do you happen to have any time stamps or references as to when these are shown or mentioned?
Just for those of us trying to grab the snippets/clips for Amal, it will save us a lot of time

2 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t, as I didn’t even watch the proper thing episode, one of those trimmed down and mutated videos to avoid copyright AI came across my feed

1 Like

a LOT more people believe their pets chips are GPS than you would think

3 Likes

This is the fault of pet chip marketers calling it a tracki chip. Should be sued for false advertising.

6 Likes

there’s an episode of family guy where peter uses brian’s chip to cheat at hide and seek which i’ve seen a lot of people use as their introduction to this misinformation

2 Likes
4 Likes

in “Fack ju Göhte 3” The teacher chipped the children to track them. You see different scenes how they find them.
i have this movie only on DVD.

I can try to make screenshoots from “Einstein”

Criminal Minds:

Fack ju Göhte 3

In Fack ju Göhte 3 in the end of the movie they cn loacte kids to help them to survive. I think this was a positive aspect of the implant.

2 Likes

Clearly not… Many people on this forum have way too many implants already and have no signs of cyber psychosis. However, the ones with psychosis don’t have any implants at all…

4 Likes