Resonant Repeater Stickers

Unfortunately not. I’ve spent hours scouting the internet for a wearable to convert but there is nothing in Australia.

I’m dead keen to see a CoM conversion become reality. Like my wife never says: I want it in me already.

2 Likes

true;

Weird, why wouldn’t she want to get more implants?

4 Likes

Mine is in the mail. I need to decide whether I want to do 1 more revision and make the current size have better tuning before I release it to people, or potentially two more revisions to make the size larger and accommodate both the current 6 contact CoM modules and the newer 10 contact CoM modules.

Pilgrim and another user offered to donate already which would cover the single revision. For two revisions I either need to wait or get some more donations.

3 Likes

I’ve got a crypto.com purple and Binance card I can sacrifice if you need to tear them apart or something.

1 Like

Two people have already donated enough for an entire board order so I’m going to move forward with the redesign that will accommodate both the larger and smaller CoM modules and also have better tuning. I’m still going to implant my prototype when it gets here for some experimental data

3 Likes

Here’s it being installed, in case anyone is into that kinda thing.

6 Likes

Swelling subsided. I was able to make transactions at a bunch of different kinds of readers. As expected, I wasn’t able to get a read on the bigger verifone. Gonna try the smaller mx915 next time I get groceries.

Progress on the next revision that is larger is going along very well. I laid out the antenna, now I just need to do a bunch of math to see if I can get even close to the correct capacitance on the plates.

3 Likes

What’d the people say when you swiped it and it worked?

Was anyone surprised? Did they hassle you?

And congratulations :tada::confetti_ball::partying_face::tada:!!

2 Likes

Most people don’t notice, and if they do they’re just surprised and move on with their lives. Very few show any interest or scorn. If they are interested they usually lose interest after they realize getting one is somewhat complicated. Very few people are makers or hackers with initiative. Most people want things off the shelf plug and play

7 Likes

That sounds about right.

I was picturing a certain group of people getting worked up about it. Glad that’s not the case.

Super glad it came to fruition and is working for you!

Just ordered the first revision that supports the larger CoM modules (12mm). I calculated based on my experience thus far, so the tuning should be in the correct territory. I highly doubt the tuning will be on point the first try since I made significant changes to the layout. Expect another fine tuning revision after this one arrives in ~10 days.

6 Likes

@Eriequiet I just tried my implanted CoMmuter v2.2 (which performs significantly worse than the v3.0 I’m working on now) with the troublesome Verifone MX915 reader and it worked great no problems.

7 Likes

Not bad at all. This would definitely read with both CoM modules on a payment terminal. But with help now I can afford another revision for fine tuning. Thanks everybody.

5 Likes

Just ordered the final revision. After it arrives in ~7 days I’ll test it out and then see what Amal’s thoughts are on making the CoM conversion available. Worst case you can melt your own card down and send it to him as a custom conversion. Might be that he doesn’t want to take on managing people who don’t know whether they have a CoM or not, so I’ll take that on and handle the logistics for people. Best case you can just send your card in to him directly like a normal wearable conversion, although there’s definitely privacy concerns with that.

5 Likes

this would be best

1 Like

Did you want to start a new thread specifically for that?
or are you still happy with people using this one

A cheat sheat may help with chip identification :man_shrugging:

I’ll do that when it’s ready to move forward as a service that DT offers. I’ll put together a detailed guide that can be referenced on a product page for the conversion. Then in that thread people can post pictures of their card contacts and we’ll be able to tell them if it’s a CoM before they order anything. I might need your help policing that thread though so only pictures of CoM modules and direct discussion about it happens there to lower the noise, and anything else can be moved here.

And hey, maybe once that’s sorted I’ll actually make some resonant repeater stickers like this thread was originally created for if there’s still interest :sweat_smile:. Luckily with everything I’ve learned that would be somewhat trivial now.

Definitely, although none of those are CoM modules

1 Like

too easy!

Lookin good. I’ll set things up with Amal and then create a new thread with instructions.

Bonus

3 Likes

Love to see good progress :heart:

But also what happened to the repeater stickers? Still a thing?