Install Videos and Pictures šŸ©ø

Nice! Congrats on the new magnet!
Both of my xG3s weā€™re bevel up too. The installer felt more comfortable bevel up for my knife edge, and I forgot to flip the bevel when I self installed in p1

2 Likes

Those thick needles are indeed hard to get under the skinā€¦

3 Likes

xG3 V1:

Walletmor:

Cool!

Why did you choose the palm gripping surface of ur hand as position for the xg3? Iā€™m curious

Best wishes for the healing process!

1 Like

Itā€™s all good now! I did it around 10 months ago. Initially I wanted it as a sensing magnet on one of my fingers but figured out that it might not be a safe enough location considering Iā€™m fairly skinny and I dont have much skin to stretch. After a few days of trying to check where my skin is the most sensitive, I chose that location as for me, the area is way more sensitive than the knifeā€™s edge plus I work with small screws and electronics daily so it seemed the most optimal location. Although I have a feeling that the skin might be a bit thick in that place for the magnet to achieve the best performance but I donā€™t have a comparison yet :grin:

CoM Conversion install

7 Likes

I would bleed a lot more that thatā€¦ And I think that I should be able to handle the installation of a flex just fine even if stitches freak me out a little bit.

I assume that since there are no solder joints, installing a CoM conversion in the knifeā€™s edge shouldnā€™t be a problem, right?

Time will tell I guess?

I donā€™t remember if it was mentioned, but I wonder if the flexing also causes encapsulation failure

generally noā€¦ but if there is a flaw in the manufacturing process then it can I suppose. What generally happens is flexing of inflexible components like the ABS plastic potting the bare silicon die inside which is wirebonded to the metal ā€œwingsā€ on either side using teeny tiny metal wires which can easily rip apart if the ABS plastic itself bends or stretches even a little. Itā€™s an issue weā€™re exploring possible solutions for.

2 Likes

I donā€™t recommend installing flexes on the knife edge. Since I donā€™t care about getting cut and this will expire in a few years anyway I donā€™t mind this install being a data point.

As far as I can tell, CoM conversions are the most robust implant Iā€™ve made. They have the durability changes Iā€™ve made for all flexes, thereā€™s no soldering for the joints to crack, and the chip area itself is mostly unable to flex due to the rigid nickel contacts.

5 Likes

Remind me to never get one of these. I think I would faint at the size of that pocket, even with numbingā€¦ :melting_face:

It ainā€™t no thing.

But how will you be a cool kid without a payment implant?

Just look away

:sunglasses:
:cool:

Hi, whatā€™s the location of your beUno ?

1 Like

Here

1 Like

Thanks, you convinced me to do it here, now Iā€™m ready to do it. While waiting for the availability of the XM1 which will be the secondā€¦ :slight_smile:

This is what you want, and it is the upgraded ā€œnewerā€ version of the xM1

3 Likes

:heart: Juste received today

2 Likes

Today is the big dayā€¦ Iā€™m being a big baby and Iā€™m scared to death rn! 4 hrs until my Titan goes in.

7 Likes

Well my install was a no go. The numbing gel had no effect on me, tried to push through it despite being able to feel everything and he didnā€™t feel comfortable continuing due to my pain. Told me to find someone to inject lidocaine and we would try again. Even tho I didnā€™t get it installed today, couldnā€™t have asked for a better experience! If you are in the Houston area go to Lucky Dog!

1 Like