Resonant Repeater Stickers

the Custom Services page doesn’t look quite right… I think in all the kerfuffle everything that used to be there is gone

Forgot to post about this. Recently I was doing some testing with a CoM chip I melted out of my debit card, and was able to get it to read well with a poorly tuned repeater coil.

Based on the mutual resonance testing I’ve been doing, I designed and ordered a CoM conversion board.

It’s 9.5mm x 32mm, so it won’t be able to be installed with the flex needle. I’ll be testing this out with a CoM board, but it will also inform me about the resonant stickers (you could consider this v0 of the repeater sticker)

5 Likes

Why does one side have to be up?

For the resonant repeater stickers that won’t be necessary. For the CoM conversion one side of the CoM chip has the contact interface pins, which should be facing down towards the interior of your body for best performance.

2 Likes

I received the CoMmuter payment conversion boards and they performed very well. After some testing with 56pF and 32pF tuning caps I ordered some more precise ones that should get it into the ideal range, then I’ll test it out with my debit card at some shops. I’ll also be trying it out as a standalone resonant repeater for my other implants to reshape the field.

Unfortunately (but totally reasonably) Amal won’t be supporting turnkey conversions of suspected CoM payment cards when I get this working. Once my conversion is complete and we have the workflow down, I’ll lay out what steps someone would need to take to get a conversion. Likely they’ll have to investigate and melt the card down themselves to verify that it is in fact a CoM, and then send it to Amal and pay normal flex conversion rates. We’ll see.

3 Likes

@Eriequiet I was able to get some good reads even on those pesky Verifone MX readers. Took my legitimate Debit card which expires beginning of 2027 and converted it. Gonna send it to @amal for encapsulation tomorrow.

9 Likes

Weird, I don’t think I ever got the tsg notification for this thread… this looks interesting

Any updates?

As you may have noticed from the lack of an Apex launch, we’ve been rather busy. Amal has my CoM conversion, but he hasn’t encapsulated it yet. The non-implantable repeater stickers haven’t been a priority item at the moment, but they are on the docket

1 Like

I get it, I’m not rushing you

Sorry if I’m annoying asking for updates, I’m just always hopeful there’s been significant progress or something after a period of time, and it’s just fallen through the cracks or too busy to post about it

I’m just trying to stay in the loop, it’s all very exciting seeing things progress, so I’m just trying to get my fix

Is it too late to back this?

I have a friend who’s interested in a credit card conversion and I think CoM is the only option in Australia, had anything happened since? Could you send me the PCB design to test myself?

I haven’t had the capital for a second revision to test incorporating the capacitor directly into the board as copper polygons. I don’t have high confidence that it will work perfectly on the first try, so I’ll likely need two revisions which could be about 500USD.

I would be willing to send you the v0.1 PCB, but not for use as an implant. I didn’t do the double thickness durability revisions in this design, and the external capacitor creates too much of a z-height for the encapsulation process.

I can ask amal how much funds we collected for this project, but I doubt it’s even 250USD. Plus, I was funding the CoM conversion personally because it’s a bit outside the scope of the “resonant repeater stickers”

Alright, if my friend commits we can pool resources to make the implantable repeater, I’ll let you know

I clicked the link to try and back this research but I can’t find anyway to donate???

1 Like

You used to be able to add it to your cart and that was a donation to the project.

It might have been paused due to time constraints.

Thanks. I tried after reading your message, but can’t find an option to do it. I am sure if it is still open, or re-opens, someone will let me know…!

1 Like

Absolutely

I tried about 3 times, and there was an issue with the payment method, I wasn’t alone. but it obviously worked for some, maybe it was an international payment issue. :man_shrugging:

I know it fucked up Michelle’s accounting (And I did it 3 times to make it worse :wink:)

I’m not sure where Amal got to with it…

1 Like

Happened to me also so not an international thing

1 Like

I have 1 maybe 2 friends who are keen for a pay implant, but in Aus the only option is a CoM with a resonant repeater. @Satur9 are you still keen to get your designs working?

I opened up my heavily modded moto g pro today and the nfc mod is still there and working fine. It reminded me of this project though, I wish I could have a sticker for my next phone :crossed_fingers:

1 Like