Review of Dangerous Things

I’m just excited that I might actually have an excuse to go to Australia!

hahahahah happy to be your excuse Mr Giant :slight_smile:

A quick little snippet or two

I think it cost me $88 AUD to ship from Australia to the USA, one small box.

The Australian postal service isn’t too bad, remarkably, but it does take a month or two to get foreign items in. I would guess it’s the high volume of Chinese products. I received last month an item I ordered in April 2020, turns out it got misdirected to Malaysia (from the faded blue stamp on it).

just another example

image-553e197b5f19d30ffab337a71088bbc4fa1be65f9209a143cd87b01cf94120ef-V

8 Likes

Yet again

Positively surprised with the order quickly and efficiently. When the customs broker was having problems with the contents, Amal called and explained the details. Fast delivery to Poland. I haven’t seen such customer support in a long time. I will be coming back for more implants that make everyday life easier :smiley: However, despite free shipping, domestic customs costs were almost half the value of the package. It would be cheaper to order and send as a private person as a gift

4 Likes

ONE MORE EXAMPLE

3 Likes

AND AGAIN (now you are just showing off!)

4 Likes

:star::star::star::star::star:

Great customer service as others have already said. I needed 2 NExT implants, 2 xAC access controllers and a proxmark3 easy, so I asked them if it would be possible to make a custom bundle, turns out it was indeed possible so i was able to have a discount on those items.

Sadly, living in the middle of nowhere in Sardinia, the shipping cost was insane, as DHL included a 45USD surcharge, but it is clearly not DT’s fault, and the additional ~35USD and VAT sharing discounts for European costumers definitely made it more bearable

I have nothing to say about the NExT as it’s not implanted yet, but I’ve played around with the Proxmark and i love the fact that they’ve included a t5577 card and two mifare 1k cards and a keyfob. I think it could be a good idea to include an ntag216 card too, it would be convenient to have one for testing before writing on the actual NExT!

4 Likes

It’s been a whole 9 days since the last compliment
So here we go

2 Likes

AND another

A bit of background:

• 17yo gets implant without his parents permission.
  • Parents force him to get it removed
  • Take him to Doctor, but FAILED Removal
  • Take him to Surgeon and finally Removed 2.5 months before his 18th Birthday.
  • Implant disposed of as “biohazard material”
  • Community members step up and offer to fund a replacement for his 18th Birthday.
  • Dangerous Thing Step in on offer to supply a free replacement
    :open_mouth:

What other companies would do that???

21 Likes

this thread was due a bump, and I realised I had not shared this other example

The FlexMN

That came in 2 models
One was the disc…still available :flexmt:

the other was the Flex narrow :flex: , no longer in production because the chip itself is a poor performer.

It is a much better in theory than practice implant. Even the full sized card is not great.

I asked Amal to make me one :flex: as a custom job after he stopped offering them for sale, he refused, simply because of how poorly the chip performed.

All that to say,

How awesome is Amal, to “just say no” to a customer because product reputation is more valuable to him than $$$.

Not all companies are like that…

4 Likes

link to Poll at the top

Haha well really it had to do with what I know would have happened… it would have sucked… and you would have not been happy with it… and that goes against rule #1 - make happy cyborgs.

8 Likes

i will try then give review

It’s rare that you can come across a company who make incredible products, is ethical and conscientious about what they do, has a great community, and stellar customer service…but that is Dangerous Things in every way.

I love DT’s implants and get a new one whenever I can justify it. From the great sales like Cyborg Weekend to the occasional opportunities to participate in alpha and beta tests like the Apex Mega Spectrum, to the super fast shipping to the well-crafted packaging - you really can’t go wrong.

7 Likes

I’m New to Dangerous Things…

Seems like a great community here with a lot of knowledge.

Great YouTube videos

Your catalog link was hard to find

1 Like

Okay okay, I got five implants from DT inside my body (okay, currently four left), so maaaaybe I could finally write a review :smile:

I’m really happy with DT. I love the quality of the implants (and the amount of testing done), the amazing customer service and the community, of course.
My glassies are pretty much “fire and forget” - installations were easy, healing time totally harmless, and they just do their jobs (like opening my door or spitting out my temperature) reliably.
The Titan was a really cool project, and I’m happy I was among the first group of people who got one - this is seriously the best implantable magnet I’ve ever seen. Yeah, it’s big, but it fits into my finger, healed well and provides me with a new sense (and the ability to annoy all my colleagues because I frequently play with our paperclips).
So - I’m happy with it all, and really curious to see what might be coming our way, implant-wise :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Okay, so, technically, this is a review thread for Dangerous Things, and the following is a Vivokey Comment, but REALLY this is just another Amal review.

If that’s not open and honest about your product, I dont know what is.

It’s a rare company that tells their customers that one of their products are garbage.

:logo_vk:
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

9 Likes