Bounty to Fry an HF Implant

I’m 99.9% sure it’s a joke.

lol no. andy is going to do that :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I would believe they would do it. They’re a a madlad

4 Likes

Would that qualify for a replacement from Amal?

1 Like

You’d have to ask him. Hey @amal if ragebolus NFCKills their xSIID in their hand to share with us if it’s possible will you send them a replacement? They’re in the UK

I wouldn’t blame him if not. Malicious self destruction of your implant is certainly not a “manufacturing defect”

2 Likes

I’d say we could offer a 50% discount on a replacement?

7 Likes

lol amazing!

2 Likes

If he wants do destroy his own, that’s very dedicated in the name of Science, but 100% outside the warranty.

I would have expected a NO also.

If Amal wanted to know, I imagine he would put a xSIID :blinky_blue: in a piece of Chicken or pork or brown sugar… mmmmm BBQ…

drool-spit

Sorry, I got distracted; but wouldn’t you know it, Amal being Amal

Above and beyond :+1:

3 Likes

I’m having struggles getting what I need to do my test

I was going to put a (Chinesium) glass transponder in a chicken breast or something and hit it with a stun gun

Obviously glass insulates, but that arc is fairly intense and rapid, I wondered if the arc would put out enough EM to mess the chip up

This is what I get for being such a vocal proponent of stun guns are garbage, nobody has one I can borrow, and buying one in my state is iffy as they aren’t technically legal… even though they are super common and rarely reprimanded

I’ve got one guy that has one, but he’s on the other side of the state so I can’t get it from him for a bit

If someone has the means to test and wants to do so, it means I won’t have to, but it’s going to happen either way lol

I’m also curious to try shorting 120ac and 12/24dc but I doubt either of those will do anything since it’s insulated against actual conduction

1 Like

I think you can rig a disposable camera to arc. Idk. Stun guns are garbage. I agree. At least the civilian versions.

Incase you werent aware
What @mrln used ( High-voltage converter ) is basically a “homemade” stungun…Very simple to make with just a couple more parts.

1 Like

I didn’t actually catch all of mrln’s example

Was it a repeating arc or just a single?

I wanted to test range and slowly work towards the transponder in between reads

I was just looking at it as a more common thing than a custom built implant killer

1 Like

That sounds a little more scientific,

If you opened up a stun gun, thats basically what you would find
but you would have to ask Satur9 if that would be considered an original bounty.

I would say that is not a distinct bounty. The mechanism of action is exactly the same as mrln’s. Sorry

1 Like

May not be proper science but I like data :slight_smile:

Meh,
it’s semi in my wheel house of personal defense stuff, and honestly the video will look waay more dramatic lol
Say what you will about them really not working
… but stun guns are capable of making this noise than really makes your ass pucker

I wouldn’t say no to a new Xsiid, but I just think this sounds fun either way

I suppose…
I guess the reward will just be crazy shenanigans with a stun gun

1 Like

Yeah, I thought so, I was trying to save Eriequiet some time,money and effort by replicating the test :+1:

Well at least aware of the validity anyway

1 Like

Unfortunately I no longer have access to a synchrotron. I suspect putting an implant directly in a high powered electron beam would not be too good for it.

Although this probably doesn’t count on grounds of practicality (you can’t exactly carry a synchrotron around with you) or application (just stick your arm through this hole in the shielding wall please. Ignore the radiation warning signs).

I suppose I do have another thing I can try,

But I still will use the stun gun when I can get my hands on it

oh no i dont want/need a replacement 0or discount. if I do it its on my own shoulders, I have a plan to remove it anyway so I’m gonna try it

5 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Ham Radio Chatter