RFID readers and NExT Implant problem

The NeXT comes with a password by default, so you can’t use the DT app to set the lock bits. Try using the X-field tester (if you got one) to find the best position to have your NeXT put to it, and the best orientation. Since it was implanted relatively recently, the read range may not be at it’s best condition yet.

2 Likes

The NeXT is already locked. You do not need to set a password with the DT app.

See this video for your other question.

3 Likes

My problem isn’t with range I guess, because NFC Tools on my cell phone, find “easy” the chip, both rc522 and pn532 can’t find, there anything I can do? like setup an UID or something like that?

1 Like

Yestarday I tested the led field detector and the capsule didn’t blink above pn532, it’s normal ? or the problem is the sensor?

@amal Can you help me?

What are you using to drive the PN532? It doesn’t read out of the box, you have to add a microcontroller and write code to configure it and put it into read mode… Post your code you are using,.

Also where did you buy it from? If you bought it anywhere other than DT, it’s likely fake that will have greatly reduced range.

2 Likes

@turbo2ltr I’m using an arduino for it ! I bought from sparkfun.
I don’t think the problem is if is fake or not, my PN detect the card like 2~3 cm away from reader.
Does RC522 should read the implant too?

Your NeXT should have come with HF and LF xLED field detectors… They look like glass implants but they have an LED in them… If you put the HF xLED near the PN432, does it light up?

the xLED field detectors dont, but the card yes, the red led in the card get’s on in HF (13,56).
Both of them (rc522 and pn532)

If the field detector doesnt light up alt all, then its a good indication it will be very difficult to get it to read a tag. Did you watch the video I posted? Unlike a card or a fob, the glass tag’s location and orientation in relation to the antenna is very critical.

Also, you may try putting the xLED across the antenna (see video), then moving the diagnostic card near the reader and see if the xLED lights up too when the card lights up. If it does, the problem is how the PN532 is set up. Let me know, and if so I’ll go into more detail.

@turbo2ltr Yes ! I passed the detector in every square of the board ( pn532 ) and nothing, no light’s no blink… In my phone it recognize… but on readers, nothing !

Try the xLED across the antenna and then put the diagnostic card near the antenna so it lights up and see if the xLED lights up too.

Exactly Like this

@turbo2ltr, I did and nothing =[ just the led of the card

Sounds like you might have an aftermarket PN532 with reduced performance. Did you get it it from DT? What is the model number written on the chip in the middle of the board, and is there a brand like “Elechouse” written in white on the board?

Check the logo on the chip. If the 4 points of the X don’t touch the N and P, its definitely a knockoff. The real NXP logo does not have any space between the letters.

@Satur9 Yes, it have… this is a bad thing?

@turbo2ltr as Satur9 said, have the written in the board

What about the logo on the chip? All my fake ones say elechouse, not sure about my real one…

@turbo2ltr