Sci-fi movie nights?

Who would be interested in semi-regular flicks?
On topic with the forum maybe Ex Machina. If someone hasn’t seen it we could go spoiler free or have a first time chat.
Ideas?

4 Likes

Not sure I understand what you mean… Discussing about movies? Or watching them somehow?

2 Likes

or make a collection about movies, where they use chipimplants ?

1 Like

My guess is something akin to a digital book club? Anyone could watch it on their own time on some variety of a schedule and come here for a discussion after the fact?

Like this

1 Like

More like like a group watch

3 Likes

I’m down for movie nights

2 Likes

What’s a list of good ai/robot movies?

Wargames
Short Circuit
Flight of the Navigator
Blade Runner
I, Robot

Not strictly AI/Robots but still good SciFi:
GATTTACA
In Time

To name a few of my favorites. Will update with more of I think of them.

1 Like

Setting up radarr so keep em coming

3 Likes

Saw Blade Runner again last night (one of my all-time favourites), and I’m still totally impressed about the influence it had on pretty much everything cyberpunk-y of today…

2 Likes

Oh yes for sure. It’s one of the my all-time favorite movies. :heart_eyes:

And that ending, the “I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe…”. Brings shivers down my spine every time.

I think it is one of the best monologues in movie history. Rutger Hauer does a great job during the whole movie, but this part is just… incredible. I’ve made a slight variation of this quote once, and if I’d ever have a tombstone, I think I’d like to have it written on it :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

I’m watching again the “Mission Impossible” movies with Tom Cruise. Incredible what they can do with implants :sweat_smile:. Like getting a precise location of a rice grain size implant from a secret satellite using encrypted communication. And the implant does not emit any signal so it cannot be detected… :crazy_face:

Or the bomb implant that gets inserted into the brain via the nose and explodes when activated… minutes later giving the hero time to disable it with a defibrillator :joy:

Electric dreams, hackers, swordfish

2 Likes

I know it’s on really AI, or implant related…but I recommend Firefly/Serenity lol
High tech yet retro space western. All time favorite TV show and movie. I rewatch it multiple times a year cuz I’m probably a little too obsessed XD

downloading all these movies that i legally own has never been so easy

Well, as long as that’s the case. :slight_smile:

2 Likes