Should the xG3 move and always hurt?

That’s the best you can do with glass capsules.
Smaller and the glass/magnet ratio is too bad.

It’s not unsafe per se, as in, it’s a good implant, it just really sucks to have them in your fingers unless you have huge ones.
What is unsafe is that they do not fit in your fingers and thus poke out.

But yes, I just looked at the shop and the first pic is a finger install… I don’t like that.
@amal do you really want to suggest people install these in their fingers when there’s a perfectly fine titan?

1 Like

You cant blame the XG3!

its a sterile implant save glass tube and if it is installed in a spot that hasn’t enough surrounding tissue it will push out or reject.

The best thing is to have a chat with your installer and maybe go for another spot

Xg3 in Fingertips are quite risky and there have been several cases where implantation failed because they are just damn big^

i mean you cant fit something somewhere without the needed space - the implant needs a place to rest without major tensions that are induced by not enough tissue around it - it will grow out or not heal well

Still not the fault of the XG3 itself
(i fucking love the xg3s and they are my favorite magnet implants^)

best wishes and a pleasant healing

Merlin

2 Likes

You had xg3s installed in your fingertips? Sorry gov but that’s not the best decision, there huge and really shouldn’t be installed somewhere so small. I would blame a problematic install position and have them removed ASAP if there causing you that much pain.

1 Like

Titans are not good at picking up and also have their own issue of “flipping” over in the finger. The titans are overhyped in my opinion based on personal experience and didn’t even sense well. even an XG3 senses better.

Then why would the seller’s website show that being installed in a finger? I don’t know where else it’d go and I’ve had a magnet in my finger for 7 years from Brian before I decided to try something new.

Then why does the seller’s website show a finger install?

I guess because it was a nice photo and the finger install was successful

The size of the Magnet is publicly known, its now on the installer and the person who gets it installed where to put it. some people are able to get one in the finger (its still one of the more risky magnet positions) but most people have just too small hands

i mean some people have big ass stretched ear lobes - on some people that can work but for others you cant stretch more then lets say 4cm for example and then the ear lobe will rip - the seller of the 6cm tunnels will still sell them and advertise a photo with the big ass tunnle plug even if not all people have the anatomy to get one of theese - its the customers (and installers) decision if they want to try stretching their ear this far or not^

ok another example

there are XS clothes - they don’t fit anybody but they are still advertised with a human inside which has the perfect size for the piece of cloth(mostly :grinning:)

some things just fit and other things not because they are to big or to small

Someone with extremely small fingers is also not able to get the titan installed in there
but i would still advertise it with a picture showing it installed in a finger^

5 Likes

What is a recommended area to install the xG3? I’m out of ideas. Also, can these in theory be moved from the finger to such a new area since they shouldn’t be autoclaved?

Uninstall and immediate install might be possible in theory. It would have to be removed placed on sterile area and immediately scalpel installed. Irl depends a lot on you and your pain threshold and your installer abilities. If installation isn’t performed immediately the sterilization becomes quite tricky as heat sterilization reaches higher temp than curie point and would cause demagnetization. So you would have to get it sterile in different way and we cannot guarantee that.

So as with many things ask your installer how they feel about that.

I’ve already asked Amal and my installer for recommended areas and was told the middle finger was fine from what I remember, but do you know of any alternative areas that tend to work with others or have worked with others? What other areas do people put these in?

I have an xG3v1 in right knifes edge and xG3v2 in L1. There’s multiple places that people have installed the xG3. You might find some more areas with a forum search, and see if their chosen location worked for them. Different areas have different pros and cons, so make sure to read their updates as well.

ask your installer how he is gonna clean it again but soaking it in chlrohexidine can work

Knife edge is a good spot in my opinion

The back of the hand can work too

or that spot
it works out for me atleast

ah, check out this thread, i stole most of the pictures from there

3 Likes

Thanks, I like the first spot. Now to see if I can at least get the v1 returned for a v2 since I should have had two v2’s from the beginning and found out post-install. It was pretty clear the entire time the only purpose is lifting, not sensing. I don’t really care for sensing stuff.

Did DT send you the wrong Magnet?
I cant really imagine that because they are labeled as V1 and V2 on the box afaik

Also sending it to DT to get it sterilised and reloaded is propably an option - i dont know how much they will charge for that but you can hit them up via the orange question mark button on the website
grafik

1 Like

Yea sent me the wrong one and Amal knows (with proof) 3 days ago and has checked up since, but haven’t received any reply. I’ll give them until tomorrow before I try other methods. It’s strange as normally he’s back to me by now.

And you noticed it after the installation?

Was it misslabeled?

just asking out of curiosity

ah and don’t worry, They will get back to you - they are also busy and not a company like amazon with a support team with thousands of persons 24/7 so give them some time :slight_smile:

have u used the contact form on the website? Forum DMS are not really for support and overseen some times

I couldn’t find which magnet was which and forgot there were 2 versions until Monday. It’ll be figured out.

Anywhere you would put a RFID x-series implant. The xg3 isn’t designed as a fingertip magnet, the titan fills that role. There is a very good reason why the titan is so much smaller than the xg3

@mrln Just got mine installed in those areas and they can’t lift anything, even a paperclip. Is this normal healing when you got yours done, or are these magnets useless other than Brian’s ~5 year ones that simply work? I could lift heavy forks with his without issue and then swing it.

20221104_222812

The xg3 V2?

it looks like the install is quite fresh. you should let it heal and dont lift stuff for a week or two. the swelling will get less and you can lift more stuff.

it all depends on how much skin and flesh is between the magnet and the ferrous object.

i can lift a lighter at that spot or a aa battery.

Edit: okay, i jsut scrolled up :smiley:

just let it heal. you will be able to lift some stuff in aproximate 2 weeks.

Playing with it now slows down the healing process and increases the chanche of rejection

i didnt hang heavy stuff to my xg3 v2s while healing so i dont know exactly how they performed with swelling in place.