Show off your blink! xSIID NFC + LED Gallery (+Glow)

Quick n00by question: Are the LED’s in the xSIID chips programmable at all? Say, to set them to blink during read/write, or do they only function as a field indicator in a constant-on display?

1 Like

The LED on the xSIID functions like a field detector only.

1 Like

Gotcha. Thanks! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

green flexSIID
blue xSIID
red xSIID
red xLED

KBR1 Reader & Unloki

9 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: NFC Contacts, Profile Sharing, and Popl

1 Like

Had mine installed yesterday and it already works like a charm. Probably due to my skinny hands (unlike the rest of my body though :smiley: )

4 Likes

Just a quick question with regards to the xLED’s and xsiid’s that I’ve always wondered, it looks like a lot of vids here of people showing their xLED’s often have them kind of blink on and off, but some videos have them as a solid light.

I love the LEDs in the xsiid’s, mostly because when I use the reader, they stay on without blinking on and off. Are the xLED’s the same? If I use my phone or reader on them, will they remain on like my current xsiid’s?

1 Like

The light comes on before the chip gets read so if you approach carefully you can get the light to flash with readers that poll for chips in the field. They save battery power by only checking for chips a couple times a second so you get a flash effect. Once those readers get a solid read from the chip though they tend to go into full power mode and keep the field on, and the light stays solid.

4 Likes

Oh sweet! Time to get me some xLED’s then :grin::grin:

Well… be aware that xLED don’t have any chips inside only lights, so they will never go solid on those kinds of readers. Some readers like USB connected ones often don’t bother with polling, so they just keep the field powered all the time. If you bring an xLED to one of those readers it will just light up solid.

1 Like

Glad I came back here in the morning to see that, because I totally forgot about xLED’s not having a chip. I guess the next question then, is the kbr1 reader one that polls or not? And if it is, can yourself or anyone recommend a reader that doesn’t? (thank you for the responses btw :grin:)

kbr1 is on full power all the time… 100% duty cycle. Pretty much any battery powered reader (phones, some access control systems) will have some sort of polling rate. You can test this easily with the

if you have one.

3 Likes

Sweet, I carry the kbr1 reader around in my day bag anyway, so that works for me! Looks like xLED’s are back on my “to buy” list :sweat_smile: thanks for your help!!

not xSIID, it’s an xLed but close enough lol

1 Like

Cyborgs… blink one for the grandfather of the LED…

7 Likes

More convenient would be one of these, they constant read with great range and are the size of a flash drive

About $10

4 Likes

Link?

1 Like

Ha, I was going to, but they are found sooo easily, all over the place…But since you asked

NZ$ 13.70 | Adjustable Mini Portable RFID S50\S70 14443A 13.56MhzSmart EM Card USB IC Rfid Card Reader

This specific store (first I found) does only HF, but most others I see you get the 2 options…

4 Likes