Show off your blink! xSIID NFC + LED Gallery (+Glow)

Edited :+1:

3 Likes

Is that a normal glow in the dark subdermal, or one of those DT LED+ glow prototypes that Amal was talking about?

That would be his custom DoNExT:

It was a replacement for his flexNExT, which met the same fate as most other flexNExTs. It was a similar idea, but with a hole punched in the middle, which was hoped to have fixed the failure issues (it didnā€™t, it seems). His post has more info, but AFAIK, he has the only one with glow powder.

1 Like

Bit late for me, but seeing Comaā€™s power button and now your glowy flexNExT, I want one too now.

Does the implant still work by the way?

1 Like

Sounds like the implant died

Red and blue xSIID

2 Likes

Ah I missed that.

Well at least it functions as a snazzy glow-in-the-dark implant.

If I could get an ā€œH+ā€ glowy it would be very temptingā€¦ A power button is somewhat tempting already.

Here is a bad video of mineā€¦

I wish DT released a giant implant with just a copper coil (not foil, not PCB) and a few LEDs, for high intensity through-flesh blinkiness. I really miss my flexNExTā€™s LEDs: that thing lit up like a frigginā€™ airport runway.

5 Likes

Mine? Still does fine, though to the disappointment of my dearest, the power button canā€™t really turn me off, seemingly.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Giggity

The LEDs survived but without the tag itā€™s hard to turn them on.

Were they reinforced? I seem to remember Amal coating the nails with epoxy or something.

The weak-ass, ā€œdisconnectedā€ LEDs were the first sign that the Bullseye had given up the ghost on mine. And then shortly after the LEDs went dark too one by one.

Yes reinforced with harder epoxy. I think it helped a lot, flexes should all be hard in my opinion :sweat_smile:

Why, Iā€™m glad to hear someone has come to the same conclusion :slight_smile:

1 Like

It bothers me so much that we call the rigid coin shaped t5577 ā€œflexā€ :joy:

It doesnā€™t matterā€¦ and reasons and stuffā€¦

ā€¦but it irks me in an amusing and unreasonable manner

1 Like

Itā€™s just a name, like central intelligence agency or prairie dog. Sometimes the name has nothing to do with the reality of the thing bearing the name.

In the case of the flexEM, not only is it rigid, itā€™s also cutting like a dremel disk. The one in my back has been busy trying to slice me up inside since August. But I reckon itā€™s very unlikely to come unsoldered, which is just what I need for an implant in such a rough area. So no complaint from me.

We might rename the flexEM to HacksawJD3000

5 Likes

Perhaps EM mega? :thinking:Lol

ā€¦ if thereā€™s one thing everyone on this forum is good atā€¦ itā€™s not agreeing how things should be named

2 Likes