Show off your blink! xSIID NFC + LED Gallery (+Glow)

Ah, that makes more sense, I just misunderstood

1 Like

I have the same with my xSIID blue and xLED red combo in my arm :laughing: :oncoming_police_car:
But the red ones always tend to have more of a halo around it. That’s also why IR vein finders work so well.

But also interesting and funny is that I have noticed that you can try to kinda let the implant make a roll inside your body by massage it or trying to hold it on both ends to carefully turn it under the skin.
I’ve noticed this because my green xSIID made a turn during the healing process! I saw this when the slight swelling was gone completely it looked like a green dot like your blue one, a few days later it was more like a big glow like the red one in your picture! After a slight massage it was again that little dot. This makes me also think that at least the xSIID must put out the light sideways… Not 100% sure about the x LED (but I think it might be the same there) maybe we find that out someday too. :wink:

3 Likes

I can confirm it’s not the same for the xLED - you can see it’s end firing (and thus unaffected by rotation) in the second image on the product page

Correct; with the xSIID, the main product image shows it’s front / side firing

I’m far too cautious with my first implants :joy: - haven’t even felt them yet

3 Likes

It’s good to be cautious in some way, but trust me as soon as you touched them for the first time, you can’t stop doing that! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Might sound funny but I really love that mine are all easy to find when I touch them. It feels great!
My xIC is really sticking out of my arm, which is interesting when you want to show someone how small they are :rofl: (feels even more awesome touching it!)

4 Likes

grumble grumble dsruptive grumble

In fairness, that’s true of every glass LED implant: the LED faces the rounded end of the glass vial, which acts as an extreme divergent lens and spreads the light sideways. Or said another way, no glass implant sheds any light along its axis.

The xSIID uses a carrier board that slides into the tube in front of the antenna rod. The chip and LED are situated such that it “shoots out the side” of the glass tube…

The xLED is similar, but without a carrier PCB… the antenna wires are connected directly to the SMT pads of the LED and the LED can be positioned somewhat randomly inside… usually pointing out the side like the xSIID, but sometimes at a 45 degree angle and sometimes very closer to “shooting” out the domed cap of the glass.

10 Likes

So, if you’re unlucky your xSIID is less bright than others?

only slightly so… the tissue around that end of the LED lights up really well regardless of the direction the LED is facing. Facing up, you get the LED’s output directly without much surrounding tissue lighting up… if the LED is facing exactly away from the skin you get all the surrounding tissue glowing really nicely.

also… i’m fairly certain that the x-series tube shaped implants do rotate around inside their fibrous cocoons on a regular basis… so if you’re “unlucky” just wait 5 minutes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So what’s the general consensus on the brightest blinky colour

I believe it used to be green, and it’s either white or green now, but I haven’t seen enough pictures of the white to get a good feel for brightness post-install

My guess is that it’s still green since less of that light would be absorbed by the red meaty bits in your hand

1 Like

I think some of it is subjective, but also wavelengths are affected by absorption through your skin… actually, @Satur9 has answered this previously…standby

Here you go

2 Likes

I’m colourblind :smile:

2 Likes

Blue is a cool color.

3 Likes

Literally

5 Likes

Did you just try to explain color… with a color chart? For someone color blind? :joy:

1 Like

Yes, But I assume he can still read…Blue - Blue Violet

Is this even better?

1 Like

I get you’re joke, but still…

2 Likes

Yours was still a good observation though :+1:

I also wonder what colour @NoUsersLefft is colour blind to

Pretty much anything but blue gets confused with other colours. Light shades of blue too but I can see darker shades pretty accurately
I don’t have full achromatopsia or anything

2 Likes