Show off your x-rays! :x_ray_hand:

Sounds like a cool project. Good luck.

4 Likes

Not sure why but this made me smile.

Apex mega spectrum, XG3 v1 and v2 and a couple of Cassox’s Sense52
:grin:
Also you all know my birthday now so no excuses :joy:

Edit: you can actually see some structure inside the apex’s IC which is pretty cool

10 Likes

I had some x-rays taken last weekend and I’m blown away with the quality of the films nowadays! If you zoom in the details are all there.

LH = xmagic, vivokey spark 2, apex spectrum
RH = xsiid x3, apex flex

10 Likes

That structure is known as the leadframe.

3 Likes

Titan (super sensitive, I accidentally corrupt floppy disks if i hold them with this finger)
f1
FlexDF
f2
xG3 (unfortunately this one moved a lot after installation)
f3
xNT
f4

Not pictured Firefly V1?2? and a xEM
:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Now I’m curious how tritium would appear on an X-ray… I feel like I should probably already know this

5 Likes

Probably a hollow tube to be honest

1 Like

I suspect that the phosphorus might absorb some of the x-rays?

Maybe? Fun experiment

I was thinking more along the lines it the tritium would cause over exposure, but I doubt it’s detecting beta particles and those particles would be stopped by the amount of air that would be between the target and the sensor/film

xglow when?

:crazy_face:

Joking aside, this test can be performed on any tritium vial, there’s no need to implant it.

1 Like

Interesting,
Apparently tritium can cause Bremsstrahlung radiation when the particles are stopped by matter and emit X-rays

I actually read a little scientific journal attempt to use tritium infused water as a X-ray source… sounded like it was slightly successful? But a lot of those journals aren’t always trustworthy

Idk its half over my head and the half I get I only understand half as much as I should

But I definitely wanna see a tritium implant next to a typical in vivo under xray now… because reasons

2 Likes

I have a tritium vial keychain. It’s not bright enough to be an implant. Like it’s pretty pretty dim

I guess now someone with a tritium implant needs to go get xrays done

2 Likes

They don’t even make it to the surface of the glass… they do penetrate borosilicate glass but not our soda lime glass. This is another reason the firefly was considered more dangerous compared to the xGLO… breakage aside, letting harmful high energy particles escape was a big issue in my book.

1 Like

Ofc, I was just realizing that best case even if they made it through the glass, and skin… even the inch or 2 of air would be enough to stop them

It’s interesting that borosilicate and soda lime glass have different …radio opacity? So many fun lines of curiosity

I’m now considering to try and do some napkin math to see if I’ve handled enough tritium that would be equivalent to what’s in the multiplier for the big spicy mushroom boi

I think single digit grams is what I’ve seen… so now I just need to find out how much is in the vials we use, and then guess at how many have crossed my path lol

Useless and questionable math lol

1 Like

Well I have 7 implants nearby one another, 4 are tritium and 3 are normal, so could happen one day

4 Likes

3 Likes