Sometimes not able to log in to the forum

Just a little observation - since a week or so, I sometimes get an error when trying to log in to the DT forum, saying “You can’t log in as coma from that IP”. Sometimes it works, if I just click the button a few times, sometimes after restarting my browser. Sometimes just after some hours of waiting.
I searched the web a bit for this error, and it seems to have something to do with the forum structure and some wrongly-recognized IP adresses, and I have no clue if this is actually the right place to mention it (if not, feel free to delete this^^), but… well… I’m working on my 365 day - streak :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m so close. @anon3825968 beat me out for the #3 slot.

I use PC and cell phone cause Ive had one or the other go offline a coupla times now.

Yeah, I tried logging in via smartphone and even e-mail as well, didn’t work at all :woman_shrugging:

Sounds like somebody needs a Vivokey implant to login…Soon™ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Damn, do you risk losing your 365 streak waiting for the Apex or grab yourself a Spark2…

ah shoot… ok so this has to do with spammers and how we’ve blocked them. By default the forum software will automatically jettison a spammer, block their email account, and also block their IP address… this is a very harsh approach and it will undoubtedly create problems for people on shared IPs or using an ISP that rotates IP addresses regularly. I will check my IP screen list and clear it… no need to be that intense with anti-spamming as to permanently block IP addresses.

That was what I was thinking… funny enough, I was able to log in after either some tries or after waiting some time…

And hey, I know I tend to derail everything I get into my fingers, but I have no intention of spamming! :smile:

1 Like