Spotted: UK; fellow implantee etiquette

So, the other day I went out for breakfast with friend/colleague. We enjoyed our breakfast and she nipped to the loo and while I was looking around the café I noticed a guy, probs in his twenties, maybe early thirties, with a 3x4cm adhesive dressing over what we call his P0 on his left hand. I looked at his R hand and he had a small tell tale red scar and what looked like a grain of rice making a small protrusion, again in P0!

So what I was wondering is, what’s the etiquette here? I’m a closeted implantee anyway, literally only me and my crewmate know so I wasn’t going to approach in front of my colleague. He was also with someone, maybe even his father. For the short time left in the café I was trying to make eye contact and was then going to wave my right hand at him but he didn’t look over.

If I wasn’t with anyone else and someone came up to me who had noticed my tag, I’d be into talking to them about it but I wouldn’t want to if I was with family, friends or work people. I know everyone is different.

I also just realised that had I caught his eye and then waved the dorsum of my hand at him he might have thought I was calling him a wanker!

Maybe I should interact with the public less?

8 Likes

I wouldn’t mind someone coming up to me, but I can see how others would, especially if they’re with people that don’t know about them.
Maybe we should come up with some spy movie passphrases! Lol

5 Likes

We live in a twilight world…

4 Likes

and

1 Like

Challenge “Praise be to Amal”
Response “The one true leader of cyborgs”

12 Likes

“where cyborgs live in the future and mere mortals are stuck in the past”

Thats funny by the way

4 Likes

just yell across the place “Hey! Chip! How’s it going Chip? Nice to see you Chippy Chipperson!”

8 Likes

Technically, they are British, so it would be “Chippy McChipface”. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I only have a magnet implant at the moment (Rfid/NFC soon) and I will be adding LED’s. I don’t look for attention, but I don’t shy away from it either. Once implanted they are legal so no problems there. If someone does notice my hand lighting up, I will happily educate them, even give them my vCard. I would refer them to DT,

Push yourself out of your comfort zone. If the person you come across look very conservative and are with someone, I wouldn’t talk to them, if possible show off mine and leave it up to them. If they have publicly visible piercings and tattoos and are with someone that could be their father, partner etc I would.

1 Like

I think it would be awesome if we could actually come up with a challenge and response and put it in the implant kits
(Not everyone uses the forum :man_shrugging:t2:)

4 Likes

Sadly, not everyone buys DT either :frowning:

1 Like

Some “people” also buy mega blocks instead of Lego. We don’t concern ourselves with those type

10 Likes

Walk confidently up to them, stare unblinkingly into their eyes, loudly and monotonously announce “I am one, are you too?”

6 Likes

ChatGPT’s challenge/answer

6 Likes

Challenge : “anything under your skin?”

3 Likes

this sounds too much like the redditor question thing that used to get asked like 10 years ago… though now i can’t remember the exact verbiage… but it was something like “are you one too?” … not “one of us” but something like it…

2 Likes

I think a good challenge should be one word with a one word answer, like in CoD MW “star / texas” or “golf / hotel”.

I was thinking… maybe a simple challenge… like maybe “dangerous” … response “things” :slight_smile: I mean who walks up to you and just says “dangerous” in any other context?

4 Likes

hmac-sha1 applet on my apex is the only challenge-response i need :emoji_laughing:

5 Likes

Hmm, my source was aliens:

3 Likes

Make sure to pronounce the “m” correctly, not as a “n’”! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes