Strange LF chip. šŸ˜±

oh I didnā€™t tried to scan all of the types one by one. There is some I didnā€™t saw on the help list thingy.

Iā€™ll poke more keys to see if this thing spits something out.

1 Like

Could also try LF sniffing - I think the process for that has changed over time, so if youā€™re looking at tutorials be careful

Many of those vehicle tags are in fact 430 MHz. Could it be lighting up the LF detector at that frequency for some odd reason?

One way to find out would be presenting a garage door opener to the field detector and see if the LF lights up.

What about the opposite,

Stick the XFD to the ignition switch and see if it worksā€¦ assuming your car is 430

try using something like a chameleon, or your PM3 in portable mode, to store everything the reader spits out.

If itā€™s a challenge mechanism you should be able to copy and reproduce onto the chip.

Another alternative is that its not exactly LF.

Can be a fiddly antenna that works on 135 instead of 125.
In which case the Field detector has a better antenna and the readers a bit off, so you see the LF light goinbg up, but the chip might bneed a precise frequency.

Edit: I stopped halfway posting to jump into some meetings,. now I noticed @Pilgrimsmaster also pointed that same factor! XD

1 Like

So here are pics of the actual readers.
Imma try to get videos too.

1 Like

The reader is a Miwa RDRS-B01
Source: VERSA_201309.pdf (4.9 MB), page 8.

The transponder from your pictures is likely this aftermarket TI TMS37145 digital signature transponder with a challenge-response mechanism.
Source: scbs879a.pdf (139.5 KB)
They are often sold as ID60/4D60 transponders (even in glass encapsulation?? for some reason {probably to be inserted into a car key}) for vehicle keys, and there seem to be plenty of resources on cloning them availible online. [so, theoretically, you could clone your fob onto one of those glass encapuslated tags (AFAIK with something like the CN900 mini) and have it modified by Amal for installation]

It works at 134.2 kHz.

Edit: @Satur9 could you please check what I wrote so I donā€™t spread misinfo :slight_smile: (you have a strong electronics background that I simply donā€™t have)

2 Likes

It looks like the strongest skill you need with that one is Japanese, not electronics.

I donā€™t speak Japanese either, I just used google-fu :slight_smile:
I was refering more to the transponder than anything else.

How I would go about this:

• Get some ID60/4D60 glass transponders from Aliexpress (they are quite cheap - the quality is probably quite questionable) at least 5
  • get a CN900 mini
  • attempt to clone your original key to the transponders
  • if sucessful, return the CN900 mini to the seller :stuck_out_tongue: (hey, why keep something you would only use once)
    ā€“ alternatively, try to convince a car electrician or someone with acess to car transponder cloners to do it for you (unlikely)
  • send the transponders to Amal
  • hipotetically: Amal tries to remove the glass (the glass encapsulated chips themselves are obviously not intended nor suitable for installation) - probable failure, thatā€™s why multiple
  • encapsulate in the biopolymer
  • tada!

I estimate it would cost you about 500 eur (less if you return the CN900 mini) :stuck_out_tongue:

Take this with a gigantic spoon of salt and do your own research.

They donā€™t clone car transponders each one I paired with the imobiliser this is also very commonly a otp thing so once done itā€™s done cannot be undone.

Well, Iā€™ve seen it done with the device mentioned above, thatā€™s why I am mentioning it. Took my car key (from an older Mitsubishi, with the exact same transponder like this one) to a locksmith who specializes in this sort of thing, and with it he cloned the transponder from my original key to a new one and cut me a new key. Both the device and the job were a bit grey market I assume lol (the device breaks the encryption AFAIK) - but a lot cheaper then getting a key from a dealer (which was also impossible for me, since old model car).
Edit: grammar

Iā€™m not exactly an expert on the more ā€œadvancedā€ LF RFID tags, mostly because we encounter them so seldom. One thing I would point out is that this will only be cloneable to an implant if it can be recreated on an xEM. You wouldnā€™t want to implant one of those glass transponders, the glass is questionable because itā€™s intended for industrial applications like embedding in plastic moulds

Thatā€™s what I mentioned in post #30: if one would somehow be able to remove the original glass from the icky glass transponder without killing the electronics, and reencase it in biopolymer, it should work. Is my assesment correct? So a ā€œconversionā€ so to speak.

If you could get the glass off without damaging the internals I suppose you might be able to put it in a safer glass. You almost certainly wouldnā€™t be able get the electronics out of the resin though, and I personally wouldnā€™t implant whatever that is.

Allright, point taken :slight_smile: there is also the ā€œwedgeā€ format of the transponder, but is it almost certainly too big (12 mm x 6 mm x 3mm) to be converted and implanted (also almost certainly filled to the brim with resin == impossible to remove housing). RyuuzakiJulios dream is getting further and further away by the minute :confused:

Julio doesnā€™t do flexes either. He still thinks heā€™s gonna get away with only glassies. Aahhh, those were the days.

3 Likes

I got an idea can you get a smaller one and encapsulated it inside another tube :thinking: kinda like the xglo?

Probably due to Japanā€™s needle laws? I donā€™t know