Stubborn Honeywell 125khz reader

I’ll try w/e but gimme a better idea what you’re suggesting so I do it right lol

Ok, so basically use the diagnostic card as though it was a normal id card, and then place the xFD over the LF coil of it (I believe its the circular one in the centre) - basically we’re trying to recreate

but LF. Honestly, I have no idea if it will work the same with LF / x series antennas, but it can’t hurt to try as long as you do it stealthily.

One reason I’m thinking it could work, is that the datasheet suggests 60ma standby and 155ma max current - maybe it increases power when it detects a card.

Not sure if you tried it yet, but this suggestion from pilgrimsmaster is similar, and I’d try that too:

Wouldn’t the RDC just redirect the field into the XFD? So it wouldn’t really be pin pointing the sweet spot

If the reader does need enough disturbance before it does anything I doubt I’ll be able to make the next work then, correct?

I can do it, I just don’t understand what it’s going to reveal, since the RDC is already lighting up

Wouldn’t I be better off hitting the reader with the RDC, THEN attempting to use the XFD once the reader is known to be awake?

If you can get xFD to light up, then try it with the NExT - while it won’t be usable for normal purposes, it would definitely tell you if your NExT implant was cloned successfully, rather than a faulty clone / chip. My main reasoning was when you said:

With this, you might have a chance at finding out.

Unfortunately, that is correct. The way to go would then be a flexEM / flexNExT / flexMT if nothing works.

Cloned to my xEM as a Hail Mary

No luck

I’ll post the pm3 logs later, just in case there’s something I’m missing

Holy shit it worked!!! Hahahahaha

Context is even better

I walked out the door to grab food from the delivery driver

2 bags and a cup…

…turned around and realized there was no way I was going to reach my badge

Looked at my wrist and thought
“You got this little guy”

Slowly leaned forward and it beeped and victory lol :joy:

1 Like

Any idea as to why it started working? Just got lucky with placement, or?

Well I changed from it being cloned onto my nEXT to my xEM

The xEM has always gotten a little better range with my XACv2

But could be placement angle

Maybe duration? I was a lot slower at the presentation

Maybe somehow aluminum foil in the bag, woke the reader up?

No idea… but it was hilarious :rofl:

I will experiment more

Another thought occurs… I might have been causing cross talk… I had my badge in my hand to disguise that I was presenting my wrist to the reader

It was 5-6” away from my nEXT, but still

This time I had nothing…

When you explain everything, it starts to make more sense :slight_smile:

I didn’t say anything because I was waiting to see how this would play out, but I’ve had trouble believing the “bad reader” theory. My experience with LF wall readers is, most of them are very forgiving and provide an easy read in almost every circumstances. Even the most difficult one I’ve encountered still reads with my hand slightly off the reader. Those things are mains-powered and designed to hit reliably when someone does a quick swipe walking up to the door without breaking step.

If you had your card in your hand when you presented your implant, the reader’s forgiveness probably worked against you. If you really need to hide your using an implant (why is that btw?) maybe it’s time to find an identical card and microwave it.

2 Likes

There was one or two times I didn’t have the badge in my hand

And it still doesn’t explain why the Field detectors were stone dead after multiple investigations

Either way it works reliably now… I buzzed in a couple more times last night

I’ll plan to do some more investigation,
Try to rule some things out

Tell me about inexplicable read failures…

Well, I know this guy, who has an implant in his foot and an LF reader under his desk, …
:grin:

Huh, that’s crazy

Well at least it should be better protected and less exposed than those of use who have chips in our hands

Yeah, I was joking and I was referring to @anon3825968, He is having / had an inexplicable read failures

https://forum.dangerousthings.com/t/xem-affected-by-temperature-changes/8806/26

I knew, I was furthering the joke because he doesn’t wear shoes lol

1 Like

Ah got you…

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Implant in foot: practical problem

Well I just tried recreating it, and cross talk doesn’t seem like it was an issue

Looks like it’s either the nEXT chip or the fact my nEXT is a little deeper

I know the chip does work, it’s currently my gunsafe Tag in EM mode

I might rewrite the work badge back on, just to rule out things

Thanks for the update, this keeps getting more and more confusing as to why the NExT doesn’t work…

My next is in my wrist, and it’s a little deeper
So a bit less range, I’m guessing that’s a major component

For comparison, with my gunsafe when I use the xEM, I get about 2” of range

When I use the next, I get about .5”

(If you make me convert I swear I’ll start using cubits so help me lol “he’s crazy he’ll do it”)

When I badge into work, my xEM has to be about .25” from the reader