SwatchPAY upgrade

Hello everyone! I’m new here so don’t judge too harshly please)
The topic is this, Recently on one (Russian-speaking) YouTube channel I came across a VIDEO about how a guy created a payment chip from a SwatchPaywatch and installed it in his hand.
I want to know the opinion of advanced people in this art, I think I’m the only such noob here)
Perhaps someone here has already done this?
I want it to happen to me too)

2 Likes

Just want to add, as i’m living in Ukraine any other chip not acceptable here, so i can try to (upgrade) this chip and install it. I also want to use the Payment Device Conversion Service service to improve it.
Also today, having visited the Swiss watch store, I found out that this chip built into this watch model does not have an expiration date, which made me very happy

Some pic from video below

3 Likes

This biohacker actually did a very good job. Silicone is acceptable as an encapsulant as long as you remove the air bubbles with a vacuum like they did. I mean there’s minor criticisms, but overall great job. It may be possible to have this converted using the conversion service, but the PCB that the chip is on might be too tall in the z-axis.

How does it not expire? Do you have to re tokenize the chip by tapping it to an app on your phone occasionally?

3 Likes

Hello, I was explained in the store that I can tie up any bank card, and when it expires, delete it and add a new one through the application on the phone

Ahh so it is tokenized. That’s very interesting. It’s rare for wearables to be tokenized but still be passively powered.

2 Likes

I think this is not a big problem, conversion service i pretty sure they can fix this

I would like to see it after modification in this form, I think the guys from DT can implement it.
What you think?

1 Like

Full disclosure I’m one of the guys at DT. Unfortunately the chip in the SwatchPAY cannot be removed and put on a replacement antenna easily because it is covered in black potting compound. The most likely way this is going to work is encapsulating the entire round assembly as it is in the video.

If you want a full conversion down to the standard flex form factor, you’re either going to have to take one apart and send plenty of pictures, or send one my way for destructive testing.

EDIT: are these also available in the US?

Lol there’s a store 20 minutes away from me. I’m gonna go talk to them

2 Likes

Called them. The sales rep said SwatchPAY is not available in the US currently. They initially said Q1, and then backpedaled and said some time this year.

3 Likes

Thank you, unexpected good news!
Thank you very much for this!

1 Like

This is not a problem, I planned to buy this watch here in Odessa, Ukraine and send it
In any case, I need to configure and make sure everything works and then send it to DT

1 Like

What do you think, maybe the antenna can just be squeezed? so that the implant becomes narrow and not huge and round?

I plan to install the device on my left hand along the bone that goes into the little finger (I don’t know what it’s called), the form factor is very important in my opinion

1 Like

The antenna can’t just be folded up into another shape, the shape is very important. I was thinking either the chip can be removed somehow with a solvent, or that the carrier board between the chip and the antenna can be soldered to a different, smaller antenna. I need to see pictures or examine one myself though. I’m not optimistic. It will probably need to be encapsulated as is with the large circular antenna

1 Like

Well, in any case, I will order the DT service and after setting it up, I will send it to you to be torn to pieces)
I am sure that with your experience with similar devices, it will not be difficult for you guys from DT to defeat this

1 Like

But a big antenna isn’t necessarily a bad thing though… in regards to certain terminals that hate me

4 Likes

Just added a couple of other Pics that people here will like

The QA test equipment

The installer

3 Likes

The video showed him paying easily with all but one terminal, but that was due to the placement on the wrist “issue”, and the terminal being in a recess. It still worked, it just looked awkward.
On the back of the hand would have worked more easily for that terminal I believe.

Without expiry and can any card be combined? This is great news, if the conversion is successful I will do one too :heart_eyes:

3 Likes