So after hanging around here for a while and exploring various options, i realized that I have no clue about almost any of the terminology used. I know that hf and lf are different frequencies and that impacts compatibility with different readers and NFC is a hf standard commonly used on phones… that’s about it
This also seems like a useful thread to make for other newbies
- Mifare, what is it and what can I do with it?
- same with DESFire
- what is the difference between all of these ISO##### I keep seeing?
- flex vs capsule. Is there any difference other than the form factor and placement options?
- UID is it kinda just a unique ID number?
- I’ve also seen T#### numbers, what are these/ what are the differences?
- I’ve also seen NTAG### used, what are and what’s the difference?
- finally the different ##bit ids, is that just different length UID?
Thanks to anyone willing to chip in here