The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Yes I do hate being a natural human being because I share DNA with that person lol
And also all the mental and physical flaws that come with being human. Why wouldnā€™t you want to progress humanity further by chipping away at flaws like having to carry stuff that you can loose which then cause headaches and time/money loss?

2 Likes

Even outside the body the pm3 easy has a seriously difficult time reading it. Itā€™s very sensitive to position and orientation.

1 Like

Later on Iā€™ll get a photo of ideal position for you.

1 Like

If I can add anything to it, your body fat matters a lot. My next wasnā€™t being read for almost 4 weeks after installation and I had to do a lot of hand gymnastics to get it it read properly. Since I lost nearly 60 kg, walletmor was readable in 2/3 days and not more gymnastics with the next. Flex type is of course easier to read.
Also make sure you actually understand where the implant is. Mine was roughly 3 cm away from the place I thought it was.

2 Likes

Can anyone recommend a good ergonomic chair thatā€™s not like a thousand bucks or feels cheap / is ugly as hell?
I spend ~12h/day sitting.
From previous discussions I know I want these inline skater style wheels, but I could add them extra on good chairs.

2 Likes

Feel free to drop the link

Very generous of you :+1:

2 Likes

CC @Satur9

7 Likes

Hahahaā€¦through-hole parts

1 Like

I have bought a NeueChair, an office chair made by Secret Labs which does gamer chairs.

Looks like an Aeyron from Herman Miller but much cheaper.

1 Like

Iā€™ve searched for a long time and a few months ago I decided to just donā€™t look for cheaper alternatives and Iā€™ve bought the Aeron from Herman Miller. I can only recommend it. Itā€™s expensive, but manā€¦it works. Especially in the US, you can find used Aerons quite easily for cheap: Get A Herman Miller Aeron for CHEAP + Buying Guide!!! - YouTube

Also, this is a must if you intend to get comfortable sometimes: https://atlasheadrest.com/ . You canā€™t tell that itā€™s aftermarket addon - itā€™s really great :slight_smile:

Wh even uses through hole parts these days :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The first chip I ever had in my body was through holeā€¦ Had the thing on the bottom of my foot for a few seconds and it was more painful than an X series.

Iā€™m mostly using SMD stuff nowadays but that comic brought back some childhood memoriesā€¦

2 Likes

You had the tool??? I had a screw driver and legs stuck in my finger :rofl:

1 Like

I didnā€™t but no matter what I did, I always ended up bending the pins on those thingsā€¦

I still have the scar from an accident I had while trying to score a raw PCB to cut it to sizeā€¦

1 Like

I know youā€™re from Germany - did you take a look at Backforce Chairs yet? I have one of them, and I totally love it - especially the synchro mechanism is a wonderful thing to have. Itā€™s not cheap, but itā€™s manufactured in Germany and the quality is really good.
The other chair I use for gaming is the Recaro, which is even a bit better in quality but lacks the synchro mechanism - itā€™s an amazing chair, but a bit expensive :wink:

1 Like

That quantifier is redundant isnā€™t it?
To me German means quality and precision :straight_ruler: :triangular_ruler:

You could have just said

ā€œget a Backforce chair, itā€™s German madeā€ :wink:

1 Like

I think usually, thatā€™s kinda right :wink:
But another big plus for me is that the people who build this chair are paid a fair wage and that the company is actually still a family-run business - doesnā€™t neccessarily lead to better quality, but I like to support such things as well :wink:

4 Likes

Yes! Iā€™m tempted to buy it. It looks so good, but then it also doesnā€™t look to good posture wise.
Itā€™s not very configurable right?
But I agree itā€™s one of the more ethical choices, which is a big plus.

In that budget range, Iā€™d rather buy a new Hermann Miller Embody.
Actually Iā€™ve just written to someone selling a used embody for half the original price, because it has ugly scratches. Iā€™ll see if I can snag that, if I donā€™t find another good used deal Iā€™ll probably get a backforce.

I have read some bad things about them, idk maybe I should igve that one another lookā€¦

I have the One Plus, and I can configure it perfectly - maybe Iā€™m just lucky, but I fit into that chair really well. There are several things you can adjust, so I think if youā€™re not extraordinarily tall or small, it should be okay :wink:
One thing I like a lot about that chair is that I can adjust the seat depth - really nice if youā€™re not so tall.

1 Like

Nice attention to detail Rosco

7 Likes