The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Started taking Wellbutrin again and forgot it gives me horrid anxiety for the first few weeksā€¦ so Iā€™m sitting here worrying about my new implant for no reason. Health anxiety is of course my preferred flavor. Real nice bouquet on that.

So like my dumbass intrusive thoughts are inventing situations out of nothing and taking my normal everyday pain to try to make me panicky.

All the while Iā€™m cognizant enough to try to tell it ā€œNo it probably isnā€™t rubbing on the blood vessel and making a huge blood clot that will make me have a stroke, heart attack and seizure all at once.ā€ Because thatā€™s absurdā€¦ Literally just my brain inventing random stuff. Whatā€™s the basis for this? My hand is a bit sore and my shoulder hurtsā€¦ I have shoulder instability and it hurts quite often.

Just wanted to rant about my stupid electric cholesterol and its flights of fancy. Why canā€™t it use that creative thinking to write a book or something?

Didnā€™t feel it warranted a thread of its own.

Edit: In slightly funnier news. The nurse practitioner at work is always interested in what Iā€™m doing to myself (I play around with supplements, like trying to force my curly hair genes to express because I had curly hair as a kid.). She thought the blinky was super cool and one of the other NPs was like ā€œhow do you take it out?ā€ When I said itā€™d have to be cut out the interested NP offered to do it if I ever needed it soā€¦ Partner in stabbing me? Yay.

3 Likes

Itā€™s quite common for people involved in a car accident to get PTSD from it. Seek some counseling if you think you need it. Heck, even if you think you donā€™t it might be beneficial anyways.

1 Like

A house might be in my near future

RFID locks and a resin printer

12 Likes

Speaking of RFID locks, recently Iā€™ve installed several of them in a Hotel, maybe I should post about it.

I couldnā€™t try them with my Next chip cause I havenā€™t installed it yet, BUT they support ISO 14443 fixed UID cards, DESFire cards (they actually load an app on the card when enrolling it), and the readers light the DT keychain brightly, so I have the suspicion they might work with glass implants

3 Likes

Years ago, I bought my first house. There was a stump sticking up in the back yard that made mowing difficult, so I got a shovel and dug it up. Then I just kept going. After a bit, Iā€™ve got a big pile of dirt and a fair sized hole. When people would ask what I dug the hole for, Iā€™d just smile and say, ā€œbecause I couldā€.
:grinning:

5 Likes

That sounds really interesting, weā€™re you able to watch what was happening?

Technically itā€™s defining an app IDā€¦ kinda like defining an NDEF record on a standard NFC chip. Itā€™s not code being loaded to the desfire chip itā€™s just a file being created and given a specific application ID (aid). Critical difference between that and loading code.

The only reason Iā€™m pointing it out is I just had this conversation with someone else about how desfire works.

2 Likes

Thank you for the correction! Iā€™ll go study how it actually works then lol

1 Like

Steve Jobs was such a brilliant speaker

2 Likes

An important enough topic to warrant itā€™s own Wikipedia page

4 Likes

They accepted our offer for the house

Me as a millennial buying a house

Many things will be possible now
Rfid locks, active ventilation for laser engraver and or resin printerā€¦

12 Likes

Congrats! I think itā€™s time for a DT HOUSE PARTY!! Everybody meet at @Eriequiet 's place! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ezgif-5-ead2e03b25

5 Likes

woop woop! paarrrrrtaaayyyyyyy

ā€¦ what city is it?

Only a couple miles from my current place,

We wanted to move nearer a slightly bigger city since the small town we are in, is lacking

But it was a good deal, so it is what it is

1 Like

I think that this is relevant to some of the stuff Iā€™ve seen in a few online communities that have ideas that are related to what weā€™re doing here.

Donā€™t fall for undue influence, fellow cyborgs.

Probably some of the people from the crazy thread could benefit as well.

2 Likes

You are absolutely correct, I am from Norway.
and as a Norwegian I must admit Iā€™m a bit sceptical of meetups.

As you can see from this scientific image, we tend to keep a perfectly normal distance to eachother. - A UK invasion though? we tend to be closer to the Finns :wink:

Jokes aside, I live nearby Oslo :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Third anniversary badge obtained :slight_smile: Crazy to think that itā€™s almost been two years since I got my implants, and over four years since I first made my accountā€¦

I might not be posting as much lately, but I still try and stay up to date on everything (this thread in particular).

Congrats @Eriequiet on the new home, and @Backpackingvet and @Zwack hoping the absolute best for both of your situationsā€¦

Iā€™ve rapidly learned this year that walking is probably the only thing thatā€™s kept me alive to this point. It really does do something to just go walk somewhere, with nothing but your mind + some music or a podcast to keep you company.

Iā€™ve been walking way more thanks to recent stress/other issues, and if I happen to go more than two days without a recreational walk, I get in such a shit mood. Earlier today I was really rough, so I just got back from a 9 mile walk. Feel a lot better now. Hope it continues to help you as well.

6 Likes

Weirdly, comedy and sarcasm/pessimism/cynicism keeps me goingā€¦

Being able to turn anything into a joke, especially my life is my dark superpower

I am starting to try to get back in the gym, after my wedding I told myself Iā€™d take a week or 2 to relax, itā€™s now been like 5 months and Iā€™ve gained probably all the weight I lost back, and lost muscles I gained

Back to the beginning I guess

Iā€™m currently bubbly about the house, which makes tots sense, but Iā€™m so conditioned to wait for life to sucker punch me anytime I get excitedā€¦ not dark at all :sweat_smile:

@darthdomo sending you a pm on social

3 Likes

Good news, I survived Hurricane Ian so far.

Bad news, because I work at a jail, I have to sleep over at work for the duration of the storm to ensure we are staffed and that the inmates donā€™t go haywire.

Power is a luxury, but at least Iā€™m getting paid for every minute Iā€™m here.

I just hope my house is ok when I get home.

9 Likes

Belated congrats on the wedding @Eriequiet!
Glad youā€™ve made it through so far @cowbaby! Fingers crossed for the situation at home!