The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Literallyā€¦

6 Likes

Have you stopped to consider your neighbour might have left it open for connectionā€¦ intentionally? :smirk:

3 Likes

Those seem to be the things that get people in the most trouble though eh?

1 Like

Only in movies.
In real life, I go by the rule of: ā€œhumans are inherently stupidā€.
Soā€¦ if the situation was likely provoked by someone being stupid, then itā€™s probably the case.

If the situation looks like even a braindead monkey could take advantage of, then itā€™s probably a trapā€¦

:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ok, I might actually need a tattoo nowā€¦

I wonder how the schematic of a 555 would look in Superluminova? Or the block diagram of the PIC16F628A?

4 Likes

I thought I would post in this thread to minimise derail on the other one.

Whatā€™s your current lay out?

Just a NExT?
If so, you have plenty of options available to you.
Did you need a hand to talk through some ideas?

I just have a NExT installed in L4.

I could take some suggestions. I just want to make sure I donā€™t install in a place that could be irritated by lifting weights, shooting guns, dropping a back pack on my arm, etc. Iā€™m right hand dominate.

Iā€™m also thinking about installing a Flex in the future. Either a FlexSecure or a FlexClass. I want to leave a good spot for that.

Right now Iā€™m thinking about installing the xEM at position R4 and the xSSID at L0 or my forearm.

The xEM would be used more for locks and cloning. Iā€™m in Cyber Security and like hacking.

The xSSID I think would be used more for storing info. i primarily got it for the LED.

I also recently read about installing in the anatomical snuff box which seems good. Iā€™m not sure how that would work since my hands are kind of skinny.

That I can do

Once healed, no positions should cause you any issues with either of those.

checkout

FlexClass is a specific use case chip, so unless you have a need for it, rule it out.

FlexSecure is an untethered Apex Flex (load your own applets, rather than through Fidesmo, and control your own key)

ā€œa good spotā€ depends on how you want to use it.
Back of the hand P#2-4/5 is pretty good for most things.
If you dont see yourself using it for locks/access, you could do above wrist (watch area)

ok, the next twoā€¦

xEM, could go anywhere really, But, to save real-estate, I would reccomend putting it alongside (>5mm) your xSIID.
If you want it to Blinky :blinky_green: , i would suggest the forearm would not be as good as the hand, due to the hand skin being thinner.

So Both in ~ P#4 would be doable, personally I like the back of the hand for flex, and P#0 for xSeries But I also have xSeries in P4-L and will be putting xEM next to FlexDF2 in P4-R.
Just make sure you plan ahead, and consider what you may want in the future.

Most likely me!?

I have a Spark in my Left and xNT in my Right, I really like it, and im not sure why more people dont do it. :man_shrugging:

I have prominent vascular hands, and zero issue with either of mine.

I hope that was of some use, but all just my opinion, others my have better suggestions.

Keep us in the loop as to what you decide, and ask away if you have nore questions

Placing slightly in between metacarpals, back of hand, might do the trick then.

Not that either of those activities by themselves should cause any issues with any healed implant, as pointed by @Pilgrimsmasterā€¦
Yet I would avoid anything close to an edge or directly atop a very active tendon.

Not because of any issue with the implant placement, but because if something goes wrong in that activity and that causes a tendon inflammation, then the implant being on the way might give you an added headache while trying to sort that.

Well said!

I think itā€™s because it feels weird to present an internal area of your hand to a reader, while only imagining it (i.e. not having implants yet).

The right hand ā€œsnuff boxā€ (Radial fossa) makes it easy to present to readers around the waist height on the right hand side, on a stand on the left hand side, or anything either mobile or facing upwards, but is a bit awkward for other positions:

For example, at my building, the readers are ā€œconvenientlyā€ placed at shoulder level, near the corner on the right hand side of a corridor. Therefore I cannot approach it from the left, so to present the Radial fossa to it, I would need to place my back against the corridor wall and that feels awkward, especially carrying stuffā€¦ :sweat_smile:
(I got curious and just stepped outside to test it)

I can see many scenarios where it would be a great placement though, but it feels more like an ā€œadvanced placementā€, for people who know what theyā€™re gonna do with it instead of a newcomer placementā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s a very fair statement.

I also dont want to talk it up, because there is plenty of scope to fuck up the install and do yourself some real damage.

There are tendons either side

Significant vein running through

2 Likes

is there anyone that is skilled with windows device manager, when its doing weird stuff?
I have a couple devices that are being weirdā€¦

Iā€™m NO expert at it, but I can usually fumble my way throughā€¦and google stuffā€¦ but Iā€™m officially at a loss and popping smokeā€¦
lemme know if anyone is willing to help me iron a few bugs out

cliff notes,
2 devices turning their RGB back on 20 seconds after a full shutdown, even though they were off before the shutdownā€¦ devices behave and stay dark going to sleepā€¦ but misbehave on a shutdown? along with additional diagnostic weirdness
1 or 2 devices STILL waking from sleep, despite NOTHING being authorized any longer to wake per device manager and powercfg

Yeah @Pilgrimsmaster, it was your post that got me wondering about the anatomical snuff box.

I thought my NExT was in L4 but itā€™s actually L3. I was confused by the picture I looked at.

Any pros and cons between spot 3 and 4? My current implant feel like its laying against the side of the metacarpal. A vein is touching the other side of my implant. It doesnā€™t hurt and if I put pressure on the implant, it just sinks down between the metacarpal and vein. So Iā€™m keeping it.

I like positions 1-4, but my veins look like they take up a lot of realestate in my hands. It seema like an implant is going to be laying beside or against a vein anywhere I put it.

Iā€™m interested in FlexClass because my employer uses iClass tags. Iā€™ve already figured out how to clone them to a Legacy tag. They donā€™t use the full potential of their Seos readers I guess.

I thought about placing the xEM and xSIID next to each other but I rather keep them apart a bit so there arenā€™t any weird collisions. I guess that wouldnā€™t be likely though.

@Eriequiet have a look at your BIOS/UEFI settings, there should be some settings that regulate USB power. Mine has an option that powers USB devices when PC is off for charging reasons, started killing my wireless mouse if I didnā€™t turn it off manually

Iā€™ll take another crack at it, but I didnā€™t see anything about usb power in the bios, normally itā€™s thereā€¦ but this Asus bios is slightly weird

I was hoping to not polute the threadā€¦ but then again itā€™s THIS thread so really itā€™s just feeding the fish

Hardware,
Itā€™s an Asus scar 15 laptop (533q)
And I have a wall powered usb hub plugged into the laptop,

I know what your thinking, but bear with meā€¦itā€™s weirder than the laptop or just the usb hubā€¦

So my Logitech g13 and Asus balteus mousepad are the problem children,
The g13 sits dark 99% of the time and only really turns on when itā€™s control software is running

So if I put the laptop to sleep, everything behaves properlyā€¦ goes dark and stays dark (ignoring issues of mouse waking it back up)

If I turn the laptop off with the usb hub plugged in, 20 seconds after everything stopsā€¦ the g13 and balteus light back up
ā€¦ so maybe itā€™s the laptop right?ā€¦. If I unplug the hub from the laptop AFTER shutdownā€¦ nothing changesā€¦ they stay lit up

Ah, so it must be the other way around right? Must be the hub having its own power supplyā€¦.

If I unplug the hub from the laptop BEFORE I shutdown, the devices go dark and stay off

So itā€™s NOT the hub, especially since the g13 sits dark most of the time when the computer is just idling anyways if I donā€™t have the Logitech software up

It seems like something is happening at shutdown, that sets the devices to like an independent mode or something

That was my guess, I would be looking thouroughly at the ASUS side of things before windows or Bios

( ASUS settings and interweb searches key words ASUS RGB - idle, issue, problem, hibernateā€¦) :four_leaf_clover:

I assumed so, I can only think of 2 others.

virtually identical, It would just depend on what you currently have and what you plan to put there.

You dont really need to worry about veins after the install, they generally just move around obstacles.

If I avoided veins, I wouldnt have any implants on the back of my hands.

Thats a different story then, that sounds like a definite option for you.

Many people have done this without issue, including myself

Just make sure you keep them 5mm apart.

If you are paranoid, Tape down a toothpick/matchstick/cottonbud to keep them seperated whilst you heal

Iā€™ve dug through a lot, and feel like Iā€™ve run dry on internet adviceā€¦ itā€™s a niche enough issue that I canā€™t find muchā€¦ but itā€™s similar enough to clog my search results with stuff that isnā€™t related enough to help

Kinda why I figured Iā€™d mention in here, cause Iā€™m about at my wits end with it

I assumed you would have, as thats where I would have focussed my initial fault finding also.

you have probably already tried, but have you used differentl search engines? You know how BING gives real shit results compared to others!?
[WHY DOES BING EVEN EXIST,? NOBODY LIKES YOU OR USES YOU BING, JUST FUCK OFF FROM THE INTERNET]

but, try some others if you havent already, hopefully it will yeild the results you are needing

Exactly, you used this thread for the exact reason I set it up.
Check out my/ the first post.

My hunch is that this is driver related such that during shutdown, the driver is basically going through a ā€œdeath knellā€ and sending something to the USB devices attached to the hub which kind of puts them into a full power state but leaves nothing to ā€œtalk toā€ on the USB host side.

• They donā€™t do this if these devices are plugged directly into the laptop do they? It only happens to these devices if they are connected through the hub?

You might consider uninstalling / reinstalling the USB Hub driver and / or the USB Host Controller driver.

1 Like

Thatā€™s one of my next things to testā€¦ Iā€™ve procrastinated since Iā€™ve got all the cables tucked in nice and tight and cable managed to a T

Sounds like a good idea, problem is this is something Iā€™ve always struggled withā€¦ Iā€™ve got so many of the exact same generic device names that itā€™s hard to know which device is which

Technically Iā€™ve got 2 or 3 different hubs in play
The main usb hub, then a small hub that breaks off that for easy access ports, and then the mousepad itself has a usb pass through that probably registers as a generic

:innocent: I swear itā€™s not as much of a mess as it sounds like