The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Yea, that was the group that I just walked away

I had been part of it for 8 or so years, loved it

But somehow along the way it turned into a echo chamber and began to mutate

Always had a right lean to it, guns and opposed to various gun control because, built on gun stuffs

But they were never the NRA or fudds or maga chest beaters etcā€¦

Many legal beavers who took the time to read laws and understand exactly what they mean, and advocated for a higher standard of personal responsibility

Recently it took sharp dive off a cliff with people spreading misinformation about the brace rule change, I tried to point out how lies being spread in the group were lies and fear mongering, and instantly I was the bad guy

Fuck it

3 Likes

Ah, fair call, I missed that in the tone of your post, It sounds like you still have some affinity for the groupā€¦

Surely you are not the only one that feels like you do, Maybe you should start your own militia , sorry I meant cult oops, gang damn it, I mean Groupā€¦

It could even start off with you on your own, put out some invites to the likeminded individuals or new people and if they show up they show up if they donā€™t, you just do your own thing until they do

I assuming your Fudd has a different meaning to mine ( Actually UK, specifically Scotland )

Which is basically and Idiot, But I guess that also suits your point

EDIT

That does make sense

Got caught up reminiscing, loved it

The problem is that group is highly unusual and a niche of a niche of a niche

And Im probably radically right leaning by this groups standards, Iā€™m radically left leaning by their standards

And itā€™s not just THAT group, but rather that subcultureā€¦ the culture itself is becoming more right and less tolerant of anything leftā€¦ so I canā€™t just find people, but Im the unicorn contradiction

And Iā€™m now too left to fit with the right anymore, and Iā€™ve always been too right to fit with the left,
And Iā€™m stubborn enough to refuse to tow lines I donā€™t agree with

Itā€™s a wonderfully isolating existence

Fudd is a very derogatory term for someone in one of the lowest sub levels of gun culture, good ol boy kind of a trope, very cringe to those that know better

Typically a old fart, who believes some myth and constantly regurgitates the same crapā€¦ doesnā€™t use logicā€¦ emotionally invested in old gear or training methodologies and refuses to learn new, or anything to begin with

Often claims to be hot shit, but has never trained in ANYway whatsoever, or willing to struggle at anything

CommonFudd lines
ā€œ1911 is the best gun, it won 2 world warsā€
ā€œJust rack a shotgunā€
ā€œBirdshot is the best for home defenseā€
ā€œ22 bounces around in your body, super deadlyā€
ā€œInsert a number of jokes that would easily be used by a prosecutor as evidenceā€
ā€œWasp spray is better, because it permanently blinds themā€

This wasnā€™t supposed to be this much of a detail
Was just supposed to be a ā€œhaha I almost took some spool training for lulz, but didnā€™t want to actually pay to get the shit beat out of meā€

Elmer Fudd from old bugs bunny cartoons?! Hilarious itā€™s actually used like that.

As for the radicalization of your bygone peer groupā€¦ sorry to hear that man. Rough when youā€™ve put so much time into getting to know them and sharing exciting parts of life with them. In some ways itā€™s akin to losing a family member Iā€™d imagine.

Ultimately thoughā€¦ good on you for ā€œsticking to you gunsā€ and always being a ā€œstraight shooterā€ā€¦ man we have a lot of gun analogies haha

1 Like

Bullseye
You hit the target with those puns

4 Likes

More akin to loosing an entire family,
It was common place to loan expensive gear or even blasters to people youā€™d never even met personally, only on the knowledge they were alumni and X vouched for them
(Maybe even a minor felony or 2 :joy::innocent:)

But you know what doesnā€™t kill you makes you stronger,
ā€¦or mains you physically or gives you unhealthy coping mechanisms

Potato- potato

Enough of this pity party lol

2 Likes

make it sharp enough so you can use it as the very own knife!! :upside_down_face:

Jokes aside, Iā€™m seeing a lot of focus on ā€œusing it to bribe a kidnapper wonā€™t workā€, butā€¦ doubt thatā€™s even close to the use caseā€¦ :thinking:

afaik, the original stories are from spooks who might need to raise a large-ish sum of untraceable cash for an emergency operation where the government agency would be unable to fund them without risking exposure.

So at that point the spook would be safe at home, able to do a controlled incision with a scalpel to recover the diamonds, bandage up, go trade the diamond for cash, then use that cash to fund an operation or extractionā€¦ etcā€¦

On another note:

I usually call that, or itā€™s reversed form, as: ā€œable to think for yourselfā€.
It is a lonely place to be when youā€™re part of a herd animal species such as humansā€¦ but itā€™s worth it!

1 Like

Ok, Iā€™ve come to a funny yet horrifying realization

I was driving home trying to put into words my complete political hodgepodge-ness

When this gif pops into my head

Haha,

Then I remember how much guns are part of his identity

Then I start thinking how much of a troll he hisā€¦
(Awkward laughing)

Then thereā€™s his macguyver building shit out of stuff around himā€¦
( I shit you not I built a terrifying qtip quasi rail gun out of a glue dispenser at work, from simple boredom, in about 5 minutes, 10 to polish it and make it proper terrifying
ā€¦I remain afraid of my creation which is saying somethingā€¦It dented dry wall 30 feet away and PUNCHED through drop ceiling tiles and insulation blanket 20 something feet up in the warehouseā€¦ if anyone asks I have no idea how those holes got there)

And then thereā€™s the the fact raccoons are violently nocturnalā€¦

Which leads me to concludeā€¦

Iā€™m a god dam raccoonā€¦

ā€¦

ā€¦.I miss having R around to yell at me for using gifs as a substitute for coherent thought

5 Likes

I know a thing or two about how those things operate but Iā€™m usually trying to get people out instead of creating new cultsā€¦

Welcome to my lifeā€¦ I know both extremes better than Iā€™d like to admit. And recently lost a group of friends that went too far left. :man_facepalming:t2:

As much as I LOVE the Archer reference
:pirate:
It might be time to change your Avatar to your new spirit animal
Rocket
:raccoon:
New Life, New You

4 Likes
  • I do not consider clear to be a color
  • I do consider clear to be a color

0 voters

1 Like

4 Likes

ā€œClearā€, as in the absence of EM radiation, is not a color because a color denotes either a specific wavelength on the electromagnetic spectrum or a combinations of specific wavelengths on the electromagnetic spectrum, and so far as I know, quantum froth and spacetime at absolute zero is not technically part of or ā€œonā€ the EM spectrum.

ā€œClearā€, as in the absence of EM radiation which is detectable to the human eye, is not a color because even though EM radiation does exist in almost every area of the known universe as the ever pervasive ā€œcosmic microwave backgroundā€, and this radiation is is passing through the human eye organ, the term ā€œcolorā€ denotes only those wavelengths of the spectrum that are detectable by the human eye. This means infrared of sufficient wavelength such that it is undetectable by the ā€œnormalā€ human eyes is also not a ā€œcolorā€. Further more, ā€œcolor blindā€ people are denoted as such because they lack the ability to detect certain ā€œnormally perceivableā€ wavelengths along the EM spectrum deemed the ā€œvisual spectrumā€. This bolsters my point that ā€œcolorā€ as a term that defines the range of ā€œnormal human perceptionā€ along the visible spectrum of light on the overall EM spectrum.

There is no scenario I can see (pun!) in which ā€œclearā€ would ever be considered a ā€œcolorā€. You might as well be asking if cheese sandwich is a quantum particle or not.

Thanks for listening to my TED talk on color.

4 Likes
  • cheese sandwich is a quantum particle
  • cheese sandwich is not a quantum particle

0 voters

8 Likes

6 Likes

There are animals out there that can see colors (or EM wavelengths, if you prefer) which humans cannot, itā€™s awfully anthropic to say that just because we donā€™t perceive it as such it isnā€™t a color, in my opinion

And what about robots? More related to the cyborg part of this site, cameras can see just about any wavelength you design them to, if a human had an eye replaced with a camera in a hypothetical future, they may be able to see ā€œnewā€ ā€œcolorsā€, but ā€œnormalā€ humans would likely not be considered color blind comparatively to them either

Though, I do agree that lack of EM entirely couldnā€™t be considered a color

The physical difference between a visible wavelength of photon and non-visible wavelength of photon is essentially negligible without the frame of reference of a biological eye to base your interpretation on

1 Like

Well, color is a human term applied to human experience. We have no way to know how animals label their ability to see various wavelengths. To cast such human assumptions on the experiences of animals is the token definition of anthropic :wink:

Sure, but we donā€™t call those ā€œcolorsā€ā€¦ the images radio-telescopes give us are translated into human perceptible colors, but we donā€™t describe the native data as ā€œcolorsā€, we call it data because it is imperceptible to humans without translation into ā€œcolorsā€.

The root of my argument is the definition of color. Websters defines color as;

1. noun

a phenomenon of light (such as red, brown, pink, or gray) or visual perception that enables one to differentiate otherwise identical objects.

ā€œthe lights flickered and changed colorā€

I would argue here that ā€œoneā€ means a human person doing the perceiving. Sorry robots and animals.

1 Like

I think my mind subscribes more to Oxfordā€™s definition:

ā€œThe appearance that things have that results from the way in which they reflect light. Red, orange and green are colors.ā€

If a substance doesnā€™t reflect or absorb light at all, our eyes and brain interpret it as ā€œclearā€, itā€™s as much an ā€œappearanceā€ as any opaque substance, itā€™s just easier to ignore

Even following ā€œvisual perception that enables one to differentiate otherwise identical objects.ā€, you can differentiate between a glass full of air and a glass full of water despite air being clear, itā€™s a ā€œvisual perceptionā€ in itā€™s own way.

2 Likes