The antiđŸš«-derailment🚃 & threadđŸ§” hijackingđŸ”« threadđŸ§” ⁉

Haha oh plenty
 I’m just made some realizations asking the way is all

Yea everything is currently frozen, not just snow, super fun

Not a bad idea once things aren’t terrible outside

1 Like

For my last try, I used “underwater city of r’lyeh with brutalist architecture as wide as the picture --ar 16:9 --chaos 30”
The result:

I really like it, but the architecture is not exactly what I’ve been thinking of
 I mean, it’s not really brutalist, but the first picture @amal posted is really close to what I look for.
Or something like that one here:

I just don’t know how that kind of architecture is called :wink:

Looks very cool! Gonna have a closer look at it later, but thanks - I love how the myths a single man has created inspired so many wonderful things :slight_smile:

I was (or kinda still am) in a very similar situation
 And, even though I hate to admit it, it’s not really good. I am as antisocial as possible, but when there is this rare occasion where I meet someone who is some sort of likeminded soul, it is so wonderful - so I know I don’t want to live without people, I just want to live with the right kind of people. Hard to find, though :wink:

For the occasional “vacation from others”, there were always some great suggestions - Amal’s being the most unusual, I think, but a great chance to find people or at least keep some practice at communication :wink:
Pilgrim’s idea is the obvious one, and going out into nature is a very good thing as well.
Plus, care for yourself - do some stuff that feels really good to you, be it a massage, a nice dinner, getting your hair done or whatever. Just be nice to yourself, you deserve it :wink:

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/_noriqwq/status/1629611923498041351

CC @Pilgrimsmaster @Satur9

3 Likes

5 Likes

For anybody looking for a way to socialize in an antisocial way

I went to an art class the other day. It was arranged through the local library, but I’m sure you have a community center near you. I paid 25 bucks to spend two hours making an acrylic painting (themed for Valentine’s day). Next month it’s a picture of a rooster.

The crowd at these things leans heavily to blue haired old ladies. I had fun, was kinda around people, but everything was very,
 Casual? maybe. Nothing was expected of me or pressed on me besides, here’s your canvas, try not to splatter.

6 Likes

I think you need to specify the viewing angle to get more what you want. I did these on DALLE-2.

picture of a low angle, overhead view of the underwater city of r’lyeh

picture of an overhead view at a low angle of the underwater city of r’lyeh with light behind it.

picture of an overhead view at a low angle of the underwater city of r’lyeh that fills a wide view. 16 9

2 Likes

Are diamonds biocompatible?

I forgot I’d heard spook stories a while back about foreign agents that would do have a nice Diamond put under their skin to dig out if they needed to flee, given that diamonds are semi universal currency

I’ve always been a bit skeptical of the context and quite frankly skeptical that a non biohacker would do anything subdermal,
 along with dubious reliability or speed of money in hand

but I COULD see diamonds maybe being biocompatible

They possess weird chemistry and purity :man_shrugging:t2:

Ignoring the possibility that they coated them in the claim

2 Likes

I’ve heard this as well and not only spooks but anyone travelling to questionable places. Hard to confirm though.

An xGold implant would be possible, not sure about dimonds though.

I grew up in a country with questionable places and had never heard of this before. Popular advice always was not to go to those places
 Years ago a politician ignored this advice and got herself kidnapped, and I doubt that an implanted diamond would’ve helped.

I do enjoy both angles.
Sometimes I go out with friends, sometimes I would rather have a meal solo.

Yet I still find it interesting the stigma that there is around “going to the movies/meals alone”
 I mean
 what’s wrong with spending time with your own self?

Not to mention that in doing so, I often choose to eat at the counter and end up chatting the bartenders.
As a positive side effect, there are now some places in my town where I barely ever pay for drinks or meals
 :sweat_smile:

For that one, my main way to tackle might be similar to @amal 's suggestion.
As in

I stop hoping they will last.
In fact, I assume they wont. Then I kill any hope that they could last.
Get completely rid of the expectation.

This brings so much freedom into the way you interact with people has 2 effects:

1. you can’t be negatively surprised by them. on the other hand, it becomes quite easy to be positively surprised! (which is a nice lil’ bonus)

2. Because you no longer care about “making it last”, you are free to be yourself to the bone! so if and when one of such interactions begin to linger for longer, it’s weightless! you don’t need to don any social masks with that person! and it feels amazing!

This lifestyle is what is often addressed as “Positive Nihilism” or “Positive Misanthropy”. I personally prefer to call it just “Running out of Fucks to Give”. :woman_shrugging:
And it’s fucking liberating!

Exactly my view.

I would rather have quality over quantity! ^^

1 Like

Now that I found a robot emoji in Teams, I’ll be using it every Monday lol

5 Likes

Madventures Amazonas - The Diamond - YouTube One Finn at least got one installed for TV show years and years ago. Looking at the video this might be even my installer but not sure since it’s been couple of years from this the episode. :smile: Found elsewhere though that it’s out now but wasn’t able to find how long was it installed and did it heal.

Edit. (line over) Never mind. Tattoos and old pics do not match.

I occurs, I know that there are blood diamond stories about people hiding them in their bodies, but I don’t think those are long term

I’m more asking for long term biocompatibility

1 Like

Diamond thin films: giving biomedical applications a new shine - PMC.

“[diamond] is bioinert, meaning that there is minimal immune response when diamond is implanted into the body”

It appears that it is, or is at least being looked into

2 Likes

The diamond itself should be fine, but sharp edges could be problematic, and you have to remember that even the most inert substance can provide a home for “stuff” to grow if it’s surface isn’t totally smooth. Natural (uncut) stones seem the most likely to be problematic, but even a cut and polished stone could have an inclusion right at the surface. Basically a little pocket of black carbon. Just the right size to build up a little bio fouling and bacteria growth.

Honestly, I think it’s of such low practicality that it’s not worth it.

Just imagine, you get into a bad situation and have to bribe your way out with a diamond. Can you imagine the thoughts running through some criminal assholes mind when he sees you have diamonds in you? You think they’d take you word that there was just one?

Nope, get out the rusty knives, we’re gonna go diamond mining till we’ve made sure we got 'em all!

2 Likes

My understanding of the concept is,
Shit hits the fan, you know you need to get out

You cut the polished coal out of your body, and clean it, go to a nearby pawnshop/jewelry store and get some cash to help you get out

I’d never tell where it came from, lest you get some exploratory surgery for free

From what I’ve heard, most criminals smelt the gold of the jewelry that they steal and ignore the gemstones. But that’s what a south american jeweler told me

Also, how many people are capable of cutting a diamond out of themselves? I know that most of you can but I’m talking about normal humans, not cyborgs!

This is where I was torn,
On the one hand, spooks are a different breed, maybe not what Hollywood portrays
 but still very hardcore

I had an chance to take a “the introduction to the torture experience, and how to prepare for it”
Not a full evasion survival thing
 just kind of a taste test

Met a few former spooks and heard some stories, and even if you take them at half value, some crazy shit

jokingly considered it for a minute, till I read about how they actually go full tilt and semi torture you for realizes
. Nah bro I’m good on that
I’m masochistic at times, but I don’t want to be actually tazed or waterboarded (actual thing thing they did)

I drew the line at getting spicy faced in a less lethal class

how this came up

essentially it was a group of people who all trained with one particular firearm group
 but the group formed a sort of fraternity amongst its students, who then take more classes
 often with the same people
Repeatedly
 building a sense of family

Eventually people move beyond the original instructors classes such as more advanced medical training, or ability to track or not be tracked in urban or wooded (the tracking aspect is suprising useful, several people have used the skills for search and rescue stuffs) evasive driving, understanding criminal selection, BJJ etc

Kind of bushido, building and improving yourself

Not a militia I swear, even if it sounds like it, it was all about individuals taking care of themselves
 just happen to become well aquatinted and form
A sense of camaraderie

People in the group would find random classes and try to coax others into attending, such as repelling etc

1 Like

I sounds like a group of people with similar interests that enjoy spending time with each other and doing things together

a.k.a. Friends

it sounds relaxed and no pressure or expectation of anything from anyone

a.k.a Good Friends

I wonder if there is anybody here on the forum that may be looking for a change and may suit that group and also have an “in” to that group
:thinking:

:emoji_thinking:

cough @Eriequiet cough

1 Like