The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

It really demonstrates inconvenience as deterrence, I think they forgot people without cars exist though.

Anyone know when are the FlexLungs coming out?
Iā€™m getting a little fed up with needles in my butt for bronchitis/pneumonia every year lol
Curse the person who came up with the idea for injecting meds in peopleā€™s butts! :rage:

Also, on an unrelated note because the lung issues are definitely NOT my faultā€¦I need to quit smoking lol

3 Likes

Nicotine is insidious. I smoked for a decade and the last five years were spent trying to quit. What finally worked for me was patches until I hit the smallest one then those foul tasting lozenges until I just didnā€™t want them anymoreā€¦ And, of course, telling myself that I could never have so much a drag on a cigarette or a vape ever again. I hope itā€™s easier for you to give up! :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Dang! Glad you were able to find a way to quit!
I was cig free and vape free for a bit until work just got insane and stressful. I really need to get on quitting again!

1 Like

Also, itā€™s fun visiting Texas. The doc said Iā€™m not contagious, and my cough has been good, so I went out for some fancy healthy food. And maybe some medicine for the soul in a rocks glass. I ordered tuna avocado something on toast and it came with a redneck twist of Pringles on top XD

7 Likes

So Iā€™ve been following this thread lately

And it got me wondering how foolproof the apexes are and will be. Can you brick one and if so how probable is it?
Also is it inherent to the tags or are they going to become more and more reliable as the software side gets ironed out?

1 Like

There are ways to brick itā€¦ simply try to authentucate the ISD just a few times with the wrong passwordā€¦ poofā€¦ there are other attack vectors as well which are all built around triggering tamper protection to burn things vs possibly allowing data to leakā€¦ just in caseā€¦ which is annoying.

As far as accidental bricking, after the P40 and P60 debacles, weā€™ve done a bunch of poking and prodding itā€¦ switching power off mid-writeā€¦ etcā€¦ so far, stable

2 Likes

So if you use the dedicated apps properly thereā€™s virtually no risk for the newbie user? Thatā€™s cool :mechanical_arm:

1 Like

Pretty much. There are risks at every level of course, from breaking the hardware through ISD attack and simply walking up with a Fidesmo app and removing an applet from the chip along with all itā€™s keysā€¦ We are talking to Fidesmo now about trying to work around and mitigate this particular issueā€¦ But the point is, if used as intended, youā€™re pretty safe.

2 Likes

FYI

Same as the consistent and incorrect use of the word ā€œLiterallyā€

images (1) (6)
images (1) (5)
images (1) (4)
images (1) (3)

72ec44e7-ff30-453f-85f4-4dd320f4585e_text

4 Likes

1 Like

I didnā€™t wnat to put this in the show-off-using-your-implant thread since itā€™s not a video and I donā€™t see how I could possibly get it on video. But I still wanted to share, and I donā€™t think Iā€™ve mentioned this before here:

Before I moved I used to do quite a bit of long exposure and light painting. I also did a lot of urban exploration and my thing was anything underground so of course I combined the two.
If youā€™re unfamiliar with photography terms what I did involved leaving the camera perfectly still for a few minutes to gather as much light as possible in complete or partial darkness. Sometimes I would work with a friend and the procedure went as follows:
Set up the camera, my friend gets in place, we turn all the lights off, I start the shot, he does whatever light painting. But then he had to come back to me and the camera in complete darkness. Usually we would just talk and use sound as a guide.
But as you might expect in some urbex locations you might not want to be noticed. In fact you would try and be completely silent. This is where my glowy doNext came in. I used to use it as a beacon to guide the other person. It is just bright enough to be seen but doesnā€™t shine on the environment which would ruin the photo. Also itā€™s always there, no need to switch it on or off and that makes the whole choreography much simpler.

I have used it a couple other times in contexts where the voice is not practical. For example if the person must give me something so I can relay them. With the implant they directly see my hand.

Thatā€™s it, just a little anecdote

2 Likes

Which glowy do you have and where is it located?

No you havenā€™t shared that here before. but im sure im not the only one who would like to see some of your art

4 Likes

Here is his thread

2 Likes

Took a stack of images and edited them together for my jumping spider in macro, this is Spinelli feeding on a fly, and a closeup from the same of wing detail on the fly. Sheā€™s a p. audax for anyone curious.

For a first go it came out way better than I was expecting

6 Likes

Hereā€™s a series taken in storm drains

Photos

9 Likes

These are fascinating. Would you mind sharing some more?

3 Likes