The anti🚫-derailment🚃 & thread🧵 hijackingšŸ”« thread🧵 ⁉

Depends on what kind of philosophy you’re talking about. What most people (including myself, most of the time) call philosophy is just thinking about stuff and discussing things, without any scientific background to this discussion itself. But if you take ā€œseriousā€ philosophy, there is a lot of science to it. The way an argument is made correctly, and all that - I’m not too deep into it, but a girl I know studies this stuff, and I’m really surprised how much mathematics and other ā€œrealā€ science is in philosophy. Don’t underestimate that :wink: Additionally, logic is a big part in both philosophy and mathematics, and if done right, philosophy can definitely help solve problems we currently discuss here.

This is totally true. Still, I am very sure that Rosco didn’t mean to discriminate against sexworkers. And while it is true that we all might need to have a close look at our own language, I think it is equally important how this critique is brought on. Otherwise, it will just end discussions that were actually civil and interesting, because of something someone sometime said that was maybe not thought through.

edit: just something I’m not sure about - if you call someone a ā€œwhoring bitchā€ who actually is a whoring bitch - is that a problem, too? I mean, I can call an asshole an asshole, so why is that (rude, but) okay, but not if I’d call a whoring bitch a whoring bitch?