The antišŸš«-derailmentšŸšƒ & threadšŸ§µ hijackingšŸ”« threadšŸ§µ ā‰

Totally, I was laughing at that also.

Sorry about that. But I just canā€™t stand holier-than-thou SJWs: they preach tolerance when all they do is try to shut you up and dictate how youā€™re supposed to behave to avoid offending anyone.

1 Like

Mate, all I said was that a term you used was a bit off, and explained why. I didnā€™t tell you to shut up or dictate anything. Another way this could have gone is ā€œOh shit, my bad. Didnā€™t realize that, thanks.ā€

Bada-bing, bada-boom.

1 Like

Not in your wildest dreams bubba.

2 Likes

Iā€™m of the opinion that words only have power when combined with context.

Thereā€™s a twitch streamer Iā€™ve watched that has said the n word on stream a few times and people have called to ban her because of the history the word has, sheā€™s so far had a lot of support. The kicker, she has tourettes syndrome and itā€™s a tick she canā€™t control. She isnā€™t meaning to offend or be edgy, itā€™s just the word that came out.

I donā€™t think Rosco was using it in a context of trying to offend anyone so Iā€™m inclined to see it as non offensive, but thereā€™s also the context of the groups diverse experience and backgrounds.

If context doesnā€™t matter, letā€™s all ban the dictionary and internet because they contain a lot of bad words.

I get it, trust me lol

ā€œnot be a dickā€ isnā€™t sjw

I remembering a gun sale a long time ago, like 5 years ago when the trans community was even less respected than now,

Had someone I can only assume was trans? Or some kind of wacky medical stuff causing weirdness

Iā€™ll admit I was kinda weirded out, if they were, and IF they were trying to present it wasnā€™t a good job

W/E

At no point would ā€œyo dawg wtf is up with youā€ have been helpful or anything other than being a dick

No idea what pronouns I usedā€¦ but I treated them like any other customer, made sure they got something decent and had all the little things taken care of,

Didnā€™t work on commission, the store wasnā€™t lgbt advocates, because they literally tried to make fun of the customer afterwardsā€¦ so I could have done whateverā€¦ I even told them off
ā€œI have no idea what they were, but they were nice so I was nice. Why do you care?ā€

I personally still am probably not politically correct on my opinion of gender vs biology vs identity
But my point is 99.9% of the time the argument has no point

If someone wants to call themselves a velociraptor (or maybe a cyborg) if it doesnā€™t effect you who cares, say ā€œsure thatā€™s niceā€ and leave it alone

Nobodies going to convince someone else they arenā€™t really whatever gender/identity they are

All your doing is being a dick at that point

ā€¦ in summary, maybe ā€œwhore bitchā€ is being a dick?

Idk not my call, if someoneā€™s offended apologize maybe?

I guess my ramble point is

Someone saying your being a dick about something, doesnā€™t necessarily equate to SJW behavior
(Or maybe they finally got to me :rofl:)

1 Like

If someoneā€™s offended by that, itā€™s a they problem. Seriously! Are you kidding me? Itā€™s not even remotely controversial or easily misinterpreted. Why am I even discussing this with intelligent people?!?

The mind boggles. Wishy-washy thinking is becoming too pervasive perhaps. Iā€™ll leave it at that at that point I thinkā€¦

Okay, back on here, good morning everyone :slight_smile:
I can fairly understand both sides here, though I still think it depends more on the context than on the word itself. Like Pilgrimā€™s ā€œcuntā€ (btw, Iā€™m happy there is no swear-filter on this forum :smile: ) or the ā€œf*ing retardā€ using in the heated phase of a gaming fightā€¦ or the whoring itself.
Like I said, at least in Germany, the term isnā€™t as derogative, itā€™s used by sex workers and others even for public events.
But what I donā€™t get - Rosco used it as an insult vs. Alexa, in a way, so why is using a derogative term as an insult so wrong? I mean, itā€™s kinda the point of it :smile:
Thatā€™s why itā€™s stupid to call something bad ā€œgayā€, for gay is nothing negative, but why itā€™s okay to use the - pretty derogative term - asshole to describe an asshole :wink:
And for the word slaveā€¦ Iā€™m from Europe and quote a bit in the BDSM-area, so guess what comes to my mindā€¦ definitely no derogative term and definitely one I use from time to time.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Iā€™m not gonna apologize for calling out misogynistic language.
Human or A.I., thatā€™s what it boils down to; a misogynistic term.

1 Like

This is the weirdest discussion Iā€™ve seen on this forum so far.
And dude that means something.
Social justice for objects is new to me.

But I do agree that whoring bitch is a hard termā€¦ but I mean itā€™s alexa so itā€™s kinda true.
Oh god now Iā€™m part of thisā€¦

1 Like

Sticks

1 Like

I donā€™t think it has anything to do with Alexa, least in my mind

Calling Alexa the N-word wouldnā€™t be cool
(Besides not making sense)

Using a slur for something funny is still a slur

Granted where you draw the line of a slur and just talking with some spice is something Iā€™m not qualified to decide

I just think whore, is probably something that has too high of a likelyhood of causing problems

2 Likes

I think it may be time to move on from this discussion, we have moved well away from the culture of this forum ; nobody is going to change their stance, nobody is going to apologise for their beliefs, it will just continue to go in circles. let's draw a line in the sand and agree to disagree!!!

2 Likes

ā€¦Thatā€™s a figure 8

/sarcasm

1 Like

I would lean more toward and infinity symbol AND chasing ones own tail.
But yes, either way, not very sandy

Its a snake

1 Like

his/ her name is Sandy !? :snake: :wink:

1 Like

Just couldnā€™t help myself

All
Time favorite sarcasm is the
ā€œQuit arguingā€
ā€œIā€™m not arguingā€
:rofl:

Yea itā€™s a cheap shitty bit, but I just enjoy the ā€œIā€™m not touching youā€ aspect of it

Rosco might be right about some wires being off in my head lol

2 Likes

Itā€™s an oruoboros